Saturday, July 11, 2026

Settling in for a Quiet Weekend


 Because this week has been a lot...

Like damn...some of ya'll are just nuts...really!

Told John, late last night, that unless something cataclysmic occurred this weekend I was done with the news until Monday.

This week we've seen a grandmother poison her daughter and children and herself...a grandfather...grandmother...mom and dad, and 16 children who had been kept in a 12x12 room for years...a mother who suffocated her two small children and blamed their deaths on the Covid vaccine...and a four year old who was killed by her parents...then the body chemically dissolved...and she was "...poured into a nearby reservoir."

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

 

So......yeah....

Taking a break.

A hot bubble bath.

A nap. 

A steak dinner with all the trimmings.

And maybe watching a good comedy, tonight.

  

Insane. 

 

Outside, it is raining.

My numerous and climbing the arbor, now, morning glory vines are loving it.

 ...they are so abundant and grow so quickly I half expect to be found lashed to my patio chair like Moby Dick's Captain Ahab by season's end...

They've started blooming pinkly and are beautiful!

The heat...rain and humidity have everything else full...lavish and green.

It feels tropical out! 

Breathe...have a great weekend....and I'll re-emerge Monday.

Love,

Carla

 


 

 

 Gadget on her new chair :)

 

"It's MINE now." 

 

 

 

 

 

Update:

 

Fine...I really can't get away from the news cycle for ONE damned weekend.

"This is why we can't have nice things..."

Anyway, it appears that Senator Lindsey Graham has died



No one still has a clue about McConnell, yet.

Anyway, how sad...

Now can I fix my steak in peace???