Tuesday, September 16, 2014

And We're Back in The Box...



Idgy and I...after a wonderful week of REAL hugs and coffee & chat.

This morning's cyber-coffee was definitely lacking. But already making plans for next year's Adventure!  Since she will be 40 then and I will turn 55 we are going to do all the candles together on one cake...definitely outside and probably NOT on a wooden table.  95 candles. Sounds more like a bonfire to me! Must bring the campforks and marshmallows :)







Still we managed to to make a trip to the Orchard...and bring back Gala Apples and Cinnamon/Banana Nut/ and Pumpkin Loaf...and soft caramel to melt. We enjoyed picnics and an afternoon with the grands (and James and Nicole). Idgy got to bounce the new grandbaby and we both got to see the baby squirrels...who (given the chance) can tuck themselves up in Nicki's hair bun until they are invisible!







 Engaged in a rowdy round of "Cards Against Humanity" with Chris, Tina, and Kyle (and a couple of pizzas). Took a trek to Avon and plundered our favourite craft shop and found the tiniest Ice Bucket for Christopher's Ice Bucket Challenge. He fell out. It only held a single cube.





And when Idgy dumped it, the single cube bounced off his head just 
                                                                                                        like 
                                                                                                          that.

Sat and watched Saturday's sunrise in 45 degree weather huddled under a throw...and went to sleep Friday night watching the lightning and listening to the heavy rainfall.

Very nice.

Fortunately Sunday was absolutely beautiful and we were able to slip off to a nearby pond for a picnic and to "Let It Go" with our balloon release. The "Let It Go" Release is simple. EVERYONE has something in life they need to LET GO at any given time...the balloons just make it tangible.





And the week was spent learning, too.  I helped her learn to set up everything necessary to sell on eBay....she taught me how to use the various palette knifes to paint with...we both bought each other a stone decorated with inset turquoise and silver wrapped for semi-matching necklaces. She liked my home-made wine...and I tried the Peach Sipping Whiskey she brought with Coke. Quite good, I might add. We both picked up a Christopher Moore novel to read and discuss during our quiet times.

We baked a round of Brie...and cut chunks of Sharp Cheddar and Colby-Jack to munch with savoury crackers and fresh apples. 

AND...we shared recipes. Mine passed down from Sandy for Red Hot Cinnamon Apple Butter and her's for Orange Crockpot Marmalade Chicken Wraps (recipe to follow)

Orange Marmalade Crockpot Chicken Wraps

Simmer boned chicken tenders in enough water to cover until done.

Drain.

Shred with Fork

Add 1/2 jar orange marmalade.

1/2 small container BBQ sauce

(about a cup and a half of each)

1 tablespoon Soy Sauce

Mix well and simmer in crock-pot an additional 20 minutes.

(may add dried cranberries)

Cool in refrigerator overnight.

Use in wraps.

May combine with lettuce, banana peppers, or add slivered almonds.  

Enjoy!

It was an amazing...and (as always) far too short a time.


  
                                                Our "Let It Go"  
                                                              Balloon Release


(post-script)                                           

Lost a piece of my heart this week, as well.

On September 10th.

( although I would not discover this until after a vivid dream on January 18th, 2015) 


I cried.
Then I cried some more.
For you.
For me.
For us, a lifetime ago.

How can you possibly be gone?

 My friend for years...sometimes my lover.  
This moment is how I always want to remember you. 
This moment in time...this smile...just us. 
We had shared a joke a few seconds before I snapped the shot. 
It is my favorite photograph of you.

                                       August 1957 - September 2014



You helped me slay my inner demons...made me feel loved...helped me to trust ...gave me a way to locate my brother...and, once, even recaptured 18 again...long after I thought it was gone forever. It is hard to believe I will never see your smile, hear your laughter, feel your arms around me or share "Hollywood Kisses" again.

Thank you for making me your "Mona Lisa".


I will see you again in my dreams and memories.

 RIP.

http://youtu.be/HQpyxh3xpv8

http://youtu.be/TNWg5DlWVa8