Sunday, October 5, 2014

Who's Da Bat?




That's right..."You Da Bat"






The kids (Chris and Tina) Spending the weekend at Awesome Con and getting to meet the original (Adam West) BATMAN and his trusty sidekick Robin (Burt Ward) as well as the guys who did the voices for Gir and Chaos (Invader Zim) and an assortment of other well loved characters.

And my mild mannered, sweet almost-daughter-in-law morphing from

This to


                                                  Harley Quinn
before they left! They came back excited and chatty and had a wonderful time!



Opened my mail this morning with a smile to the smiling faces of my grandsons! Thanks Donna :)



And a video of Brenden riding his neon green birthday bike without the training wheels...after one of those Hail-Mary pushes by Preston :)

Talked with Lennon...who is excited about coming up soon...and James and Nicki who were back from their getaway and ready to plunder the pumpkin patch with the kids, and wanted to know whether I wanted them to pick me up and come along.

However...





Yeah...I know...  
"Bad Grandma"

Actually, I made a prior commitment late last night that this Sunday I was going to slip into my leopard print pyjamas for the ENTIRE day and do nothing but relax, read the huge Sunday Edition with the Tucker-Cat, write a bit, nap a bit and enjoy comfort food. It has been a long couple of weeks.
It was amazing!

Relax...I'll be spending Halloween with the munchkins :)





So Fall is slowly creeping in and I've been cutting and drying the sage, oregano, mint, and savory for Winter. Also digging and splitting Irises and my Yellow Day Lilies.




                                         Sage for November's Stuffing!

                                                Irises Divided to Share
This morning it was 40 and chilly outside, though. The perfect day for lounging about and sipping hot cocoa!

So things are settling with my childhood friend who recently lost her home...and hearing echoes of my own sentiments when I moved here from the Rose Cottage...to simplify...simplify...simplify. And to get exactly the pieces she has always wanted.

And blind-sided again this week with news of another good friend who was having some breathing difficulties...went for the exam...then biopsy...and came back with a diagnosis of Stage 3 Lung Cancer.  Everyone is still in shock. She is preparing for surgery in the next two weeks.

Life is so fragile. 

I'm reminded of a saying i particularly like:

You know all those things you have always wanted to do?
                          You should go DO them.