Friday, December 8, 2017

Bodhi



A Celebration of Enlightenment. A day of Meditation and Quiet reflection.

(...okay...after the cat is fed...) 

Yeah..yeah...chop wood and carry water...lol.

While I sit here, Christmas lights twinkling...fir scented candle filling the air...remembering that Hanukkah begins in 4 days...the Yule Solstice in 13...Christmas in 17 and Kwannza in 18...

I laugh.

Even the patio with it's greenery and ribbons does not escape the holiday decorating flurry.

Bodhi...today...is about what is inside.

The calm quiet center. 

Peace.

Love.

Compassion.

Kindness.

Hope.

And I reflect on how much my life...how much I have changed as a person since beginning this path 10 years ago.

My youngest son brought up an "unflattering moment" from my past a while back...funny...because the event he was talking about happened long before he was ever born...even conceived. He knows about it only second-hand. Through stories. I was maybe 19 at the time it actually occurred. It wasn't done in a bad or mean way. Just an observation of

"That is just you. The way you are."

Funny....because it has been 38 years ago...longer than he has even been alive.

Just as he (and none of us) are the same person we were when we were 19...or 25...or 45...50...

(thank goodness)

Everything changes...life changes...we change.


Admittedly...up until January 2008...that was the person

I WAS

but, you see, she doesn't live here, any more. 

(and for that I am grateful)

Still a "practicing buddhist"...certainly not a Buddha. But getting better...more mindful and focused- everyday.

Today, my focus is on an inconvenient habit I am trying hard to change. That of procrastination.  Perhaps today will be The Day.

Have a Blessed Bodhi!