Monday, December 26, 2022

Christmas Until January 6th...Football...Appalachian Christmas Meal

Happiness is JuJu dressed and arriving at the game yesterday in full Grinch attire.

Oh...and the Seahawks who "warmed up" shirtless in the 9 degree weather.

Trying to look intimidating in the freezing cold.

John and I watched the game together. Kansas won!!!!

And you have to wonder if a few of the six (above) were sick this morning.

Christmas is not quite over yet...with my sisters arriving Friday, and Diane and I the following week...and John and I, later that week.  By the following weekend it will all be over...the tree stowed...the carpet scrubbed and 2023 begun.

Tonight the Colts play...we are already out of the playoffs..but they are using Nick Foles as the QB this time...so we HAVE to watch. 

I don't think I've seen Foles play since he won that SB.

The Christmas Meal was straight out of Kentucky yesterday...with ham and beans..cole slaw...corn bread with butter and blackberry jam...and sweet tea! Since both my sisters and John's meal will involve Chinese cooking, and Diane and I are having KFC...it seemed a wonderful alternative.

And there is a bowl of leftover beans and ham that looks pretty good for today!


 Survived the cold wave...amused ourselves by tossing boiling water into the subzero temps and watching it turn to snow-dust...and stayed inside.

Finally read the latest Stephen King novel

After a long long wait.

I am, of course, one of his Constant Readers...that is what makes this so hard to say...although I finished it in a bit over 2 days...which was a lot like this:

It was pretty "meh" and by the end I found it fairly dissatisfying.

Your mileage may vary.

The beginning starts off engrossing...but by the middle he seems to just lose interest.

...me too, Steve...me too...

A Movie that both of us are looking forward to and have already planned an Alien Date...is Avatar II.


and one sure to break your heart, that I am waiting for video release, is Brendan Fraiser's comeback in The Whale.

...because I'm not going to ugly-cry in the midst of the theater...that's why...

...all the added weight is carefully applied prosthetics and a fat-suit...

The Official Trailer

https://youtu.be/nWiQodhMvz4

When a less then two minute trailer can make you laugh and cry...well...I think this is Frazier's Oscar performance. 

I really do.

We will see.

Update tonight after the game.

love,

C

So yeah...it is 11 PM and the Chargers have secured their place in the playoffs...and we LOST badly 20-3, and now I must sleep!