Tuesday, September 5, 2023

After All That Labor Day Food....

 

Yeah...feeling a lot like this.

Today is all about salads, green grapes and fresh cut veggies.

The bear above?  747 (aka Bear Force One...aka Colbert) in all his splendor.

Mike Fitz guesstimates he has exceeded 1600 pounds so far!

And in case you thought he couldn't move with that kind of bulk...

Think again.

The naturalist says he can run for short bursts upwards of 40 mph!

I am about 1455 pounds lighter...and couldn't run like this if my hair was on fire, okay?

So...the Summer Patio Garden has ended.

And all of the red is now gone...save the petunias, which I will cut out as soon as the sunflowers and marigolds bloom.

The Morning Glory vine is now completely across the arbor and twining down the other side. It will be beautiful this Fall with its big blue blossoms.

Much cooler now and a good wind.

They are forecasting rain tonight....so no watering for me!

John and I, have our Birthday Adventure for Loretta planned for September and will spend a few days in Rushville, Shelbyville and Greenfield.

And football, of course...

Kansas' first season game is this Thursday...& the Colts play on the 10th.

Must get more popcorn!

My sisters and I have our next Sisters Day in the works.

And Finnegan?

Almost got into my lap, yesterday, when I was sitting in the patio chair reading.

He was standing with two paws, head and shoulders there...but his back legs firmly planted on the ground.  It's going to happen. I know it!!!

"Don't hurry me, Mom...you KNOW I'm still a wild animal"

                                                                                   -Finnegan

"If I fits...I sits..."

                       -Gadget


Back to our Virtual Adventure tomorrow!

 

What a Salmon Coma looks like...