Monday, March 11, 2024

Last Week...Spring and The Oscars

 

Although Oppenheimer got 13 nominations and won 7 Oscars last night...this was hands down the best dress of the night!

Gliding along like a drift of cotton candy.

(...and now I have several films that I must see...)

I have to be honest...I have a very hit and miss opinion of Jimmy Kimmel. Sometimes, I find him funny,...but there are many occasions I vacillate between unfunny and downright cruel. His opening monologue and cringe-worthy display with Robert Downy Jr. underscores this.  That being said...and opinions being like assholes (...everyone has one...) Trump immediately took to Truth Social to critique Kimmel's performance at the Oscars. Predictably, it was a rambling onslaught of negativity...not worth repeating here. 

To which Kimmel, admirably and instantly responded...live before a global audience

"Isn't it past your jail time???"

To thunderous laughter.

John and I, also watched the SOTU together last week. I'll discuss this in Politics on Wednesday.

Inching towards Spring, now.  The birds are back. The grass is greening nicely. The garden shop has a selection of tipped bulbs for planting. It is getting warmer. 

And...achoo....achoo...allergies are back en force.

Living la vida Flonase, again.

So, Happy-It's-Almost-Spring, Everybody!

 

Love,

Carla and Tux