Monday, December 31, 2012

Saying Goodbye

to 2012...



An evening cup by the
last night "glow" of the
Christmas Tree.

Reflecting on the past
year.

Fully settled in The Den
and comfortable, now. Spent
the year learning to use the
transit system and discovering the best ways to
the airport/bus stations/train stations. Traveled to Chicago and Iowa with my DS family and it was wonderful. Diane, Sal, Karl and Lillian...thanks for kidnapping me. Everyone...it was so good to finally meet in REAL TIME.

Shared the year with old friends and new. Enjoyed having all the boys together for the Holidays again...and all the grands, too! Lennon...miss our coffee cup chats...I will see you at Graduation!

Watched Tucker settle in to his role as a "house-cat"...an iffy prospect at first...but much happier about it, now...especially in this snowy weather.

Shared the ups and downs with my very best friend, Angie...with whom I will be ringing in the New Year, tonight. 2013 is going to be...well...a LOT better. Glad that she is settled finally and has her studio at last!

Tried so many new things. Recipes from many different countries...tried Absinthe...learned a little Italian...learned the botanical name for everything I grew this year...learned a lot about container gardening and plant propagation...dabbled in acrylics...both representational and abstract...played with clay...discovered PINTREST...and the millions of ideas/recipes and tips it has to offer...made my own scarves out of old tee-shirts and created Spatter-Wear with Ola...and so much much more.

Took my annual sneak peek at FRED and am happy to report an overall decease in size...doubled up on my Physical Therapy and am still decidedly ambulatory. Increasing in strength. Reiterated to my MD that my new goal is to outlive him :)

After five years...the Zen Buddhist path...well...I am making progress.  Happier and more centered than my life has been for years.  Gratitude and Compassion make all the difference. Knowing that I am the love and light...and so are you :)

 Wishing everyone a Happy and Safe New Year's Eve!