Monday, January 7, 2013

They're Back!!!









That's right.

Here in the midst of all our "good intentions" and "...this year I'm going to lose that extra 25 pounds..." and "I am going to eat healthier this year" they creep.
Knowing, of course, that January is the PERFECT time to display their wares.

They may be in cahoots with the Gardening Magazine people...
I'm just sayin'.

Thin Mints and Tagalongs and Chewy Caramel DeLites...oh my!

I've a Confession to Make.

After years of losing...gaining...losing...gaining...first deemed too thin at 98-112 pounds...later proclaimed too heavy at 150 pounds...and chasing the same 25 pounds...for at least 20 years...I'm done. I quit. I am embracing the muffin top. The muffins won...and they were so delicious.

I think Julia Roberts said it best:

" I’m tired of waking up in the morning and recalling every single thing I ate the day before, counting every calorie I consumed so I know just how much self loathing to take into the shower. I’m going for it. I have no interest in being obese, I’m just through with the guilt."                                                              Eat Pray & Love

So here is the deal.

I'm going to continue to eat healthy. I enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. I love whole foods. Adore soups and salads. I keep my soda intake and junk food to a minimum. My red meat consumption has dropped to maybe once a month. But I am not going to deprive myself of a thing. When I get the urge to eat a hot fudge sundae or a piece of gooey cake with icing this thick...I am going to enjoy it. The same goes for a thick steak smothered in mushrooms, peppers and grilled onions. And afterwards I am not going to think twice. I am not going to engage in the self-flagellating internal monologue about calories or weight-loss or gain. If I lose the 25 pounds this year...fine. If I don't...that is fine too.



At the end of your life nobody is going to look into the casket and say

"...yeah...she is dead...but her weight was IDEAL...and just look at how small her ass is..."

And if they do...well...you are hanging with the wrong people!

Now pass along the Thin Mints and nobody gets hurt.

 ~laughing~