Friday, January 4, 2013

The First Friday of the New Year




My Life...

I feel kind of like this today...okay...only with snow!

Out in the great-wide-open where it was a balmy 20 degrees out...picked up weekend provisions (...includng dark chocolate covered cherries which are now 75% off...yay!!!)  Offering the decadence of neck deep in a bubble bath with good music, a cup of hot tea, French Vanilla candles lit and one impossibly perfect dark chocolate covered cherry.
Bourgeois...no...just very very comfortable.

Home to a message from Tess...my friend/neighbor and the ersatz "other home" of my cheatin' Tuxedo feline- Tucker.  After we first moved to the Den...Tucker bonded with Tess. When I was gone or he had been out (by his estimation- too long) he would drift over to see her.

Face it. All outdoor cats "cheat". At least in our case he goes by the same name in both households. Many a tabby named "Tiger" is also called "Twinkles" down the street.

 Late last year we discussed his kitty arrangement...and she offered to keep him should he outlive me :)

She stopped in with her terrier Toby and we shared a laugh the other night as he came home after a lap and love-fest with her smelling a lot like her perfume. She replied that he often comes to her house reeking of Giorgio (...my favorite perfume...) And so it goes. ~laughing~


Occasionally, when I am out I will get a text message and photo of my wandering Tuxedo stretched across the back of her chair...or curled tightly in a wicker basket...sleeping blissfully unaware.

Have never understood why straying men are referred to as dogs...when they are so obviously cats!

Working on some soaps/bath salts this weekend. A Rum Creme Brulee'
Scent.  Inspired by the very same dessert.

Also was introduced to an amazing year savings plan (Thanks, Gail) that seemed too good not to share.






A great way to built a nest egg painlessly for those little extra wants...gifts or travel :)

Portabella Mushroom and Green Pepper soup simmering...Spiced Vanilla candle lit...and Tucker home, curled up in my lap...and listening to Chris noodling on his guitar.

Life is Good!