Monday, May 6, 2013

A Rainy Monday Cup and the Return of the Frogs

                                           (...last summer's frog spa...)



It appears I must get "hopping" on the refurbishment of the Frog Spa...this afternoon the Chorus Frogs are back en force after the Spring rains!

It is nice to hear them back. Last summer a gang of six took up residence for the warm months in the Spa and I treated them to meal worms (sky-food) so often that when I settled next to the small reflective pool six tiny froggy heads would pop expectantly out of its glassy surface.

The fresh morels got me thinking about times past. Specifically...The Greatest Morel Tale I was ever involved in.

Submitted it to hopefully be vetted along with one of the Morel Photos involved in the caper to CNN's iReport

(viewable here)

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-968753

So here's hoping!

And to Karl and Sal who sat over Chicago-Style Pizza with Lillian, Diane and I discussing "having game" one hot summer day...

Boys...that's GAME.  ~laughing~
 And I'm the COACH.

(...hearing Sal mutter..."yeah...a camera and ti...er...boobs..what is fair about that?"...)

And the Ironman 3 review from two of my three sons (Chris and Lennon) who ended up seeing it on the same evening (several states apart) and both agreeing that Robert Downey Jr. just gets better and better and that it is "awesome"...also warning me to wait past the credits for the "Easter egg"   :)
So I'm passing it on.

                            (The boys together during Lennon's Christmas Break)


Off soon to the garden shop for a few more supplies now that the rain has stopped!  My green beans are swimming...may need a replant.