Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Star-Gazing Sunday Cup







Only Four More Sleeps till The Gathering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pennsylvania...here we come :)

With Lillian already burning up I-76...and Shirley and LuAnn crossing the border from Canada already at the PA State line (with photographic evidence) and plans in place for pick-ups and deliveries to Carol's from Harrisburg and Philly. And Dave...ready to experience America and all she has to offer...well...the BEER anyway :)  Vicki and Loren hanging out before they arrive...enjoying a Braves-vs-Mariners game AND THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY. Christina who not only will meet all of us for the first time...but also making a stop in Chicago on her way to meet her daughter she lost in an adoption for the first time :) And Vicki who made all of us a little misty-eyed with her summary of how far we have all come in the last 2 years! Deanna...can't wait to meet you.  Ann...trust me...there will be someone there when the train stops :) I learned this first-hand in Chicago when Karl and Sal met my train looking like a couple of guys from The Sopranos...lol. Sal and Diane are arriving early to help set up and coordinate the tents/the grocery shopping et al. And, of course, Carol...who is our Hostess with The Mostest (and her faithful...sexy...sidekick...The Chally)

Meanwhile here at home...

Chris (hereinafter referred to as Tonsil-Boy) is making a full recovery after a long long long...long bout with tonsillitis...and he may never look at a bowl of soup or an ice pop the same way again. Not even going there about the pureed food. But he is doing much better and was even able to wolf down a slice of French Toast this morning! A good thing for him because Nurse Mom is unavailable in 4 days...he is almost 24 after all.

Using these last few days to get everything taken care of here...and buying New Jeans...Thanks to The Fast Diet :)

Picked up where I left off when "Idgy" and I went on holiday to The Dunes. Not only re-lost the 2 pounds I had put back on but also lost one more pound and I am down 8 pounds with 22 to go for my IBW.  This is the most amazing diet/lifestyle ever. I am going to make my goal before Christmas!

I have dropped an entire size!

No huge aspirations...just want to get back to a 7/8 and stay there. I was a size 5 from 1978-1987 so i have had those 98-110 pound days...too thin...always sick...and seriously...it didn't look great...it looked anorexic with jutting hipbones and ribs...not interested in getting them back. I would be extremely comfortable at 125...I think.  No interest in losing the ladies (...after 53 years they are far too old to be referred to as the girls) and have always had an "Oakland Booty" even when I was thin...and I'm okay with that. Mainly working on the tummy/abs. and overall toning.

And The Fast Diet even has a "maintaining" 6-1 Fast after you've reached your goal.
I am pumped.

Slowly getting up to speed with the Kindle...although the feeling of wanting to turn the page may never go away. Love the ease and selection of books and all the free classics!!!
Who knew?  Everybody...you say?  
Face it, I am a Luddite from way back.

Enjoyed puttering in the flowers and garden today...fixing sweet tea and cucumber sandwiches and fresh tomatoes for lunch all enjoyed al freso while reading...with the Tucker-Cat curled in the newly weeded garden spot. The Bread and Butter pickles and pickled peppers are tart and crispy and ready to eat.

Staying up to see the Meteor Shower tonight.
 The peak should arrive on the 12th.

Should be spectacular! 
 Happy Star-Gazing.