Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Cup of Soil!



It is official.

Composting is AMAZING! 

 Out of bits of vegetable peelings, coffee grounds, shredded newspaper, straw, egg shells, garden debris, and dozens of other items destine for the rubbish I give you SOIL!  Just finished buttoning down the garden-spot and flowerbeds and top dressing them with the contents of my compost bin which has turned into lovely, friable, rich soil. And by layering straw, leaves and the last vines and trimmings from the garden lasagna-like, I have a good beginning on next year's bin. I will never start a gardening season without one again!

(...yeah...I'm easily amused....)

And have the Spring bulbs in, now.  A sea of yellow daffodils. Clumps of pink tulips. And around the Frog Spa Grape Hyacinths and Bluebells. May add a few more multicoloured tulips before I throw in the trowel for the season.

And in two days...Halloween!

And some pre-Halloween shots of my grandsons. Thanks, Donna!



















Celebrating Steve's Halloween Birthday with Loretta and "The Usual Suspects" complete with spider-webbed cake and coffee soon!  And after seeing the vampire doughnuts on Pintrest...this ghoul du jour may have to be a Vampire.

                                                  Aren't these the best!



Found a totally tasteless...maybe horrible (but hilarious) costume for my pregnant soon-to-be DIL there as well!




                                                    "Candy, mama?"



Ok...so maybe not.

Currently working my way through a re-read of The Shining this week. Had to do a re-visit after Dr. Sleep.

Wishing everyone a safe and spooky Halloween :)