Friday, November 1, 2013

A Cup of Post-Halloween Cheer!



The goblins and ghouls settled back for another year...and a few bits of lovely chocolate still left!

Our little town actually postponed "Trick or Treating" until tonight because of the torrential rain on the 31st.  So Chris and Tina took the extra time and got really creative with their pumpkin.









And I made pizza and worked on my "Pintrest Find of the Season".




                                             A  Halloween Doughnut!


As it rained...and rained...and then rained some more.

We were lucky, though.

In Indianapolis, Pam has been without power for over 24 hours, as the result of trees blown over on power lines. In Wimberly (Texas) where we usually go for the Gathering, they had 14 inches fall and roads washed out and flooding. We have a few dead branches down and a lot of leaves that have dropped in one day...but otherwise unscathed. 

And Tina and I warning Chris that IF he managed to get that pumpkin stuck on his head we would be far too busy photographing and laughing to get help.


And a call from Lennon.

"Not many Trick or Treater's here tonight, Mom...so I am stuck with this huge bag of Tootsie Rolls.

  (...pause...) 

"Damn..." 

~laughter~

Me: Don't move, I'll be right there to help you with them!



Heading out this morning it definitely changed overnight with the bright leaves of October now falling and muted to various shades of Sepia, that IS Indiana in November.

November...a month set aside by many for Gratitude. A time to count our many blessings in life.
For me...on this first day- my foremost blessing is my family and friends (and friends who have through the years became an extended family). This year enfolding Nicole and Tina as well.

A nice segway into my next bit of news.

Recently my oldest and youngest proclaimed they had found "The One" (as in to spend the rest of LIFE with...grow old with...et al...)

As a Mom...so nice to see both of them so happy and in love.

Chris back with (and inseparable from) Tina :)





and James with Nicole




Both boys letting me know that these two would "someday" become my future DILS.

Someday...as it turn out, is sooner than I ever imagined. Congratulations are in order.  I am thrilled to welcome into our family

Mrs. Nicole Hurst

So happy for the two of you!  My wish for you?

"Forever" and "Enough"

Love you both!
                        Mom


Finished the re-read of Stephen King's: The Shining late Halloween Eve. Seemed appropriate. Starting the re-read of Grisham's: Time to Kill on Monday and inching ever closer on the waiting list for its sequel Sycamore Row.  I think i am in 5th spot now.

Custard baking for an early morning and soon to call it a night. Tucker already curled in a snug purring circle- having started without me :)