Thursday, November 14, 2013

An "Almost The Weekend" Cup

And after this crazy week...I NEED it!

Foremost,

                                  Je Presente':

                                                 Mr. and Mrs. Hurst














And the beginning of their "...happily ever after!"  Not losing a son but gaining an amazingly sweet daughter-in-law! And in May...a grandchild! Both of them sound so in love...so very happy. Nicole asking me yesterday if I would come down to stay for a week after the baby is born :)



And snow already.




                                         Boston Fern is Not Amused!



Although it was short lived and this Sunday is suppose to be back into the mid-60's.  Actually, it was kind of pretty and after Thanksgiving
                              
                           "let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!"

Did my 2 1/2 hours "...in the tube..." Tuesday and glad it is over. The results a bit sobering. I may be getting thinner, but FRED is expanding. The MRI results showed a definite spread this year from the left frontal across the mid-line to the right hemisphere. And this wasn't your 1 or 2 mm at a time that we've been seeing yearly. Along with a tail...characteristic of the invasive nature of an Astrocytoma.







                                         Contrast Deepened to Show the Cross-Over


But to quote Monty Python

"...I'm not quite DEAD yet..."

Actually today I am feeling pretty good.

And it does explain some of the aberrations I have noticed in the past year.
But today, it is beautiful outside and two of my sons are in love and the third is engaged to his studies...and soon to celebrate his 25th birthday...and happy. And although I have good and bad days I am STILL walking (well...sort of...face it...in the Zombie Apocalypse, I'm screwed...) and enjoying EVERYTHING life has to offer...I have an amazing circle of friends and family who love me and I love them...and good chocolate, of course.  Life is GOOD!

Despite FRED. Hell...truth be told...maybe because of him.

Having someone hand you an expiration date, (over and over) has the unexpected benefit of teaching you to live each day as though it might actually be your last one.

You appreciate more.

 You are full of gratitude.

The everyday chaos becomes just
so much white noise.

 You learn quickly to differentiate between an inconvenience...a problem and a crisis.

As a matter of fact...the day after the MRI...I took a total "me" day...complete with coffee and dessert at my favourite tea room...a bit of photography...perused and bought a lovely early 1900's humpback writer's trunk from the BEST antique shop because I have always wanted one (and there it was)...talked with all the kids...several close friends and family...and slipped our (Bill and mine) wedding rings off the chain where I have worn then since his death and have now passed them to my eldest and his new wife (...who was crying she was so happy and overwhelmed with the gesture...) Enjoyed some Whitman (as in Walt) with Tucker (purr therapy) and a steak dinner with asparagus and baked sweet potato...a deep candlelit bubble bath and a glass of wine and a bowl of cherry compote drizzled with dark chocolate...and...slept like a child afterwards. 

I'd like to make every day as pleasant and mindful.

Nothing like a bad MRI to pull you back to focus.

But really really ready for the weekend. 

Focus.
Enjoy Yours. 
None of us have any guarantees beyond this moment.

LIVE.




     Talking to Lennon on the phone today...and he sent me this :)

     Either is is a great big ((((hug))) or my Middle son has become a Zombie.
     (Nice try but it still won't get you out of Exams!)

     Colleges are plagued with the living dead on Exam Week.

      Love ya, kid...and (((((HUGS)))) back!



  

And a Fall Shot.
Angie, only 13.5 pounds to go!  Oh, and this is the Fall look. Infinity Scarves "R" Us...

 ~laughing~

Easiest weight loss ever! 16.6 pounds since the end of July.
I LOVE the "Fast Diet"!

Happy Weekend Everyone!