Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021

 

We've made it!!!

Last year's goals...simplified to merely survival.

But here most of us still stand! 

So give yourself a hand :)

 

And here we are...bright shiny new year...also hair that hasn't seen a cut/style/dye job in a year...19 or more Covid pounds...reduced muscle tone...hair where there should never be hair...

In short, we have some work to do this year.

 

 On a positive note, my good friend Brenda, called this morning

 

"Check your bank account! I've been stimulated!!!"

 

When I checked...I had as well.

Great way to start 2021...with $600 extra dollars unspoken for...

Immediately bought the new chairs to replace two that were 23 years old (and re-glued more times than I care to admit), and they will be here next week. Also moved some to savings. Since all the bills were paid in advance for January...it was a nice windfall.

A wonderful stress-free start to 2021.

Had InstaCart deliver a dozen red roses with my groceries. Because, yeah, red roses.

Used Grubhub to get lunch delivered. Because it was there.

And found a mini-pie baker that my DIL, Tina, turned me onto during the holidays...file this under stuff you never knew you needed.

You had me at

'' You can make a personal sized Beef Wellington, Mom."

And this year's goals???

 

Lose some of this Covid Weight...more salads and fresh fruits...lean meats...less pasta. I'm not quite sure where Beef Wellington fits into all of this...lol

Tone up again...I was doing so good.

Eventually get my hair cut, colored and styled.

(...after being vaccinated, I'm thinking...)

Add to my savings buffer...and continue the $50 Project helping others.

Get back to work on PT and OT...especially fine muscle coordination which has really suffered since...well I stopped doing it.

Get The Vaccine as soon as it is available...and stay safe until then.

And hopefully get life back to something resembling normal (i.e hugging my grandchildren/children/DILS/friends...being able to see each other for holidays...be able to go out ANYWHERE again...)

Celebrate my 3rd year with John.

Finish The Great Decluttering.  Down to one room and 1 small closet left to go...yay!!! Makes life soooooooooooooooooo much easier. I can find everything and everything has a place!

Or it WILL

Have a relaxing weekend...I'm headed into a long bubble bath with candles.

Because I can....