Saturday, March 5, 2022

March...Gardening...Betty White's Final Book & More


 

The 60's and 70's have arrived and Spring is just around the corner!

Trimmed my nails back and spent the first day of digging in the soil, yesterday planting pre-chilled bulbs that arrived this week.

More to come...and these will eventually look like this...


Soooo nice to feel the soil in my hands again!

And the garden shoppe already has the seed racks out.


The Cookbook has arrived.

It is amazing. Has traditional recipes from all 23 provinces...ingredients to buy...and a bonus section of some of the herbs I can grow myself to prepare these dishes!

I LOVE my new cleaver...but have a healthy respect for it.

...maybe even a little fear...

It is the sharpest (biggest) knife I have ever used in the kitchen.

Cuts through everything as if it was butter...this includes meat and bones.

I don't know what I have done without it.

Next week we will finish Taiwan and start Mainland China.

...and see if my second attempt at a Tea Egg works...

Still having an adventure of self-discovery (and re-discovery) with the Sixty & Me Group. 

One day was all about exploring what we used to love/be interested in (our passion) before life got in the way.

Jobs.

Husbands.

Kids.

The day-to-day stuff...

I found while examining this, things that I loved, that I had literally forgotten or set aside for years.

...not any more...

There was an entire day devoted to independent lives after 60.

Also keeping up with current trends and events...Seated Yoga and Tai Chi to keep flexible.

...I even understand NFT now...though I don't see myself creating my own...

I've probably kept up a little obsessively with the on-going Invasion of Ukraine this week...now at 10 days...

Honestly, I have never seen people with the indomitable spirit of the Ukrainians.

...and have had a few laughs, too...

Today's Best

Russian troops who were taking an elevator to the roof of a building to secure a position.

Ukrainians cut power to it while they were inside.

(...I am dying over here...)

The look on his face says it all!

"I told you guys we needed to  take the stairs..."


 

And maybe my favorite joke from the conflict so far:


An elderly Russian man goes to a corner stand daily, and buys the newspaper.

For three days straight he looks at the front page...curses in Russian and tosses the paper in a nearby rubbish bin.

The fourth day this happens, the paper seller cannot contain himself and asks what the old man  could possibly be looking for...

"An Obituary" replies the old fellow.

"Those aren't on the front page...they're inside." the vendor explains.

With a gleam in his eye...the old man chuckles

"This ONE will be."

 

This Week's Book:


 




 


The Final Memoir by Betty White.

And it was everything I thought it would be, and more.

Finished it yesterday sitting outside on the patio with fresh air and a glass of sweet tea after tucking my bulbs in.

I think an unexpected pleasure was hearing her voice as I read.

She was funny, witty, engaging throughout.

This is a must read!

Also finished the 8 episodes of Jack Reacher from Amazon.


Having seen Tom Cruise in this role earlier...and being more than a little dissatisfied-

...Cruise is too small to play Reacher...


Alan Ritchson is perfect.

The instance when he flexes and removes the plastic tie-cuffs was just great!

This is one series you won't want to miss.

Can't wait for Season II.

Amazon has confirmed one, but will not reveal the release date yet.

We will be there.

...thanks for turning me onto this, love...

And last, but not least...our furry kids.


"I think she is talking about us!"

                                               Sofi


"Go 'way...I'm napping."

                             Gadget


"Dad finally finished building the new house Mom got for me...I supervised."

                                                                                                    Gadget

"Hey...I think I'm going to LIKE this!"

                                                        Gadget



"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Have a WONDERFUL Weekend!