Monday, July 18, 2022

Virtual China: Inner Mongolian Cuisine- Mongolian Beef and Broccoli

 

Sliced Beef...stir-fried in a sauce of soy, ginger, a touch of Sichaun pepper, ginger, garlic, and oyster sauce.

Steamed Jasmine rice and broccoli.

It smelled delicious...was easy to prepare...looked appealing.

Well, as they say, looks can be deceiving.

Personally, I blame the oyster sauce.

In my life I have put maybe 5 things in my mouth which have truly been gag-nasty.

This dish is one of them.

...and I have had Mongolian Beef dishes out in Chinese-American restaurants...and enjoyed them...

The reason I blame the oyster sauce is because of Nuc Mam in Vietnamese cooking.

Which is also gag-nasty.

Nuc Mam is fish sauce, and it is in everything.

This was so bad even the cat said

 

"OH...HELL,NO!!!"

 

So...threw the rest of it out...also the oyster sauce (...which I won't be putting in anything else...)

 

No wonder Genghis Khan was always in a mood. 


 

 

Yeah...

Lesson Learned.