Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August

 

Although we have a month left of Summer, yet...it feels like an early Fall this year.

John and I spent yesterday afternoon together...and it was nice. Had Mexican...he brought me Honey Coffee from the State Fair (really really good) and surprised me with one of his Nikon cameras that he no longer uses since getting his mega-Nikon!  

               ...it is amazing...can't wait to capture Fall with this!!!

Spent some garden/patio time together and he helped me hang my new (mellow) wind-chimes....I found them on eBay and they aren't tinkley. 

My criteria in wind-chimes.

And annoyed Finnegan.

"Who the hell are you??? And what are you doing in my chair...on my porch???

                                                                                           -Finnegan

After John left, he spent a lot of time just sniffing the patio chair.


"Is he one of us, Mom,?"

Today, the crows have gathered and are caw-cawing their way into Fall...although the geese have yet to arrive.  My hummingbirds (...the Dougs...) are working over their feeder furiously...the thousands of cicadas are clamoring in the tree-tops...and Summer is winding down. 

Out to dead-head...tidy the borders and weed...plant marigolds...sip sweet tea and finish the Baldacci "Simply Lies...which as been, predictably, good so far.

Had coffee with the bear-folk this morning.

So much changes in less than a week.

Salmon are everywhere now!


And bears who were thin..desperate...and fighting are now fattening up and sometimes sitting glassy eyed in the river with salmon all around them too stuffed to catch or eat another bite.

With all the scraps the gulls, Moms and cubs are eating good, as well.


Grazer actually meeting (or exceeding) 747 for bulk this year...if this keeps up she will win the Fat Bear Contest.

...they have until October...

Time to toss some laundry in, and head out to play in the plants!

Love,

Carla and Finn