Saturday, August 12, 2023

Grandchildren...Bears...and Football is BACK!

 

My grandson...The Amazing Preston!

His mother, once married to my oldest son....I had him from age 6 until the day I last saw him as a leggy teenager of 12.

After the divorce and such he was bounced from home to home until I literally had no idea where he was or how to contact him.

It had been a little over a decade.

I never stopped loving him, and he was always (and would always be) my grandson.

There were times I wondered if I would ever see him again.

Until WEDNESDAY...

When I opened my door for a food delivery...and there was a bearded man where my Amazing Preston used to be.

Okay....I cried.

"Do you remember me?" He asked.

It was hard to even answer...of course...you are and will always be my grandson...I finally got out, as we hugged long and hard.

"And you will always be my Grandma Rose."

We exchanged information...found and added each  other on FB...which is nice because I have ALL my grands in one place again...and we are never going to spend ten years apart ever again.

Serendipitous...finding one another again because of a food order.

I am blessed.

He is engaged.


So, yeah...that is how MY week went.

Woke this morning to rain and storms, but now it has stopped and the sun is out brightly.

And did I mention FOOTBALL is back!!!!

John's Colts play at 1:00 PM today...and my Kansas City Chiefs play at 1:00 PM tomorrow...so it is shaping up to be a great weekend of football!

The Colts are starting Richardson, so I can't wait to see how he does.

Their first pre-season game is against The Bills.

...no pressure, there...

I've seen him in practice already, and man does this guy have an arm!

I just hope our O-line has its shit together this year.

Less than a half-hour to go.

We'll see.

And speaking of see...

#128 (Grazer)

And #747 (a.k.a Colbert...a.k.a Bear Force One) are just huge...thanks to these guys.

Trout and Salmon EVERYWHERE!!!!

You can probably see those two from space.

Naturalist, Mike Fitz, put it in perspective when he explained that 747 was over 5 feet high on all fours...and almost 10 feet high standing...over 1500 pounds...and has paws the size of dinner plates.

"Oh wait...that's not an island...that is just 747 messing around, again."

                                                                                                              Alices


Have a Great Weekend...off to get snacks and get ready for the game!!!

Love,

Carla and Finn









 

Update:

We lost to the Bill's 19 to 23...but it was a good game...we got to see many new players (rookies) on both sides...got to see both Minshew and Richardson play...and our o-line STILL sucks badly.

All the talking heads could discuss was Richardson's initial interception...not mentioning the 50 yard dime he threw later that Pierce dropped right at the endzone.

And Minshew immediately got sacked.

TWICE.

Kyle Allen is no Josh...and sucked.

Matt Barkley needs to be the Bill's QB2.

Tomorrow, we will see what Kansas and New Orleans look like.


 








Okay...wow!!!

This may have been the best pre-season game I've ever watched!

The Saints made a good decision with Carr...and although he and Mahomes only played 1/2 of the first quarter before being replaced by 2nd and 3rd string QBS, Carr's performance was exceptional!! He scored a TD on his first drive and got another before his replacement. 

Our 2nd string wasn't much to talk about but Bueshele is amazing...and should (IMO) be bumped up to second string.

The BEST moment of the game, for me, was Bueshele's pass to Ross for the TD...and Mahomes exploding with joy from the bench and cheering/fist-pumping all the way down the sideline in celebration!!!!

A true leader...who celebrates the accomplishments of his team-mates.

A team will follow a leader like that through the gates of hell.

In the end, at the last 46 seconds, the Saints kicked a FG and won by  2 points...but both teams were winners today...they both have some amazing new players...and I expect great things!

Wonderful weekend of football!