Sunday, September 5, 2021

Labor Day Weekend...The Arsonist...Summer's End and The Cat Whisperer

 

 

This week I invited a known arsonist into my home.

Let me explain.

During the 80's I knew a fire marshal, Gregg, who lived nearby.

He always admonished I should NEVER buy a Mr. Coffee...and if I EVER did...I should never, ever leave it plugged in after using it.

Gregg: We have so many house fires that are started by these we use the term "Mr Coffee Fires".

I'm going all Broken Arrow for a moment here..I'm not sure what is more disturbing...that it happens at all...or that it happens so frequently we have a TERM for it!

Anyway, I never forgot his advice.

Replacing my broken Keurig, I found a 12 cup (unfortunately) Mr. Coffee...inexpensive and in my accent color...

So...yeah it will never be pre-set when I am using it, and it will always blink 12:00 & be unplugged after using,.but on the plus side...I won't burn down the building...and it is so wonderful to have the SMELL of brewing coffee in the morning, again.

Something I really missed with Keurig and pods.

It is Labor Day Weekend and I am spending 3 days relaxing...getting things ready to change over to Fall Decor...eating up the last of the Summer bounty and trying a few new recipes.

Clearing the Summer plants and trimming back the Morning Glories, who have taken over in the last couple weeks.

One moment they are tidy and on their trellis...the next they have stretched five feet away to start climbing the arbor.

This will not do.

And how do they even know it is over there, to begin with????

Enjoying the last of the garden tomatoes...shared by my neighbor, Sandy...and going to make the rest into marinara to jar.

Took venison steaks out to thaw and roast with corn-on-the-cob...and the new recipe I found for onion fritters.

And bought a caramel apple with nuts from afters...and to usher in Fall.

Even the weather seems to know...going from 90+ degree days to 70's and falling into the 50's and 60's at night.

Almost like flipping a switch.

So nice!

Although..they may have taken this Pumpkin Spice thing a bit too far, already.

Just sayin'.


My guy has earned a new nickname after the bait shop got a new young cat/kitten recently.

Meet Willow.

I've taken to calling him The Cat Whisperer!

Of course, Gadget now smells ANOTHER cat on him.


"Do you want to talk about it...or should I just pack your bags???"

                                                                                                         Gadget'


Lost one of my grand-puppies this week.

Benny, who has been fighting health problems for some time, has died.

Chris and Neville

Tina and Benny

Everyone is going to miss him.


Chris has been making modifications to the Strat...including splatter-painting

 


 

and working up some Eddie Van Halen riffs that sound really good.

Checked out an old (but new to me) Anthony Hopkins movie on Friday.

Very well done thriller with a nice twist ending.

If you enjoy Hopkins acting...you'll love it!

This week's book is Stephen King's latest offering

Which I have divided into thirds for the holiday weekend...so I am not quite finished...but it is good...really good.

Will review it when I'm done...but definitely sucks you in from the first chapter.

Have a Great Labor Day Weekend!

OH...almost forgot...have my booster now and now have 3 PFIZER shots...with only minimal discomfort from the third! Nothing more than a sore arm. 

Feeling protected.

C