Monday, November 5, 2012

A Pre-Elective Cup







Sipping an evening cup and thinking (a lot) about tomorrow's election.

The first Presidential Election in years without my "comrade in arms", my husband-person, Bill...who died late in 2010. He took the political process to a whole different level. It was foreplay. It was battle. It was orgasm. It was basking in the afterglow toasting the winners (...and in some bizarre cases the defeated...) with a bottle of champagne and a clink of glass. Together we were a force to be reckoned with on Election Day!

 "We'll throw the bastards out...oh...we'll throw the bastards out."

Tomorrow, I will continue le bon combat...for both of us. 

So much has changed these days.  Remembering ten individual Presidents during my lifetime.  The first, a vague memory of the day President Kennedy was assassinated. President Johnson, President Nixon,  President Ford, President Carter, President Reagan,  President Bush,  President Clinton,  President Bush II, and President Obama.  In the past ten years I have seen the nomination of the first women presidential candidates and the first black candidates. I have seen openly gay politicians and a Man of Color hold the highest office in the land. POTUS. I can remember a time when you could disagree with a person's political alignment and still hold a civil conversation. A time when our political representatives actually represented EVERYONE...not just their chosen political party. A time when we actually got things done to better the Country. And we were ALL Americans. Not Democrats and Republicans. Not Conservatives and Liberals. Just Americans.

Heady stuff for a politiphile.

So, here we are. The Eve of the Election.

I have watched both the RNC and the DNC. I have watched every debate. I have gathered just the facts...on where both candidates stand on the issues. I glean these from sites that are non-affliated with the parties. Then I have run those through Factcheck. 

I am an informed voter.  

If you are of the ilk that refers to Governor Romney as Flip Robme or Mitt the Twit- or to President Obama as Odumbo or Ohmammy...I have no time or patience for you. In my opinion, you are a big PART of the problem.

If you do not vote...no offense...but I couldn't give a rat's posterior about your political viewpoints. In an acronym please STFU. (...or at the very least, please find someone else to listen to your misguided/ill informed rant...)

If it sounds like I take all this election business really seriously...well I do.

The decisions we make this week will be decisions that will affect every aspect of our lives...some of them far beyond a four or eight year presidency.  

They will affect the lives of our children...and our grandchildren.

And, believe me, that...is...worth getting serious over.


Now go vote...