Saturday, April 19, 2014

Last Day...and A Huge Mazel Tov to Diane and Sal...





Today will be the last day in my "Virtual Maine" adventure...and it has been an amazing week! Spent an hour yesterday "aboard" the Margaret Todd. I love some of the first-person video available...where you can hear the clack of the wooden winches as the red sails slowly are raised...and the rippling thunder of the sheets as they catch  the wind...and the beautiful silence as she sets out under her own power. I think the silence except for the wind and water and miscellaneous boat/wildlife sounds is what has always drawn me to sailing.  The final thing on my LIST is the whale watch. No. Walmart doesn't count. Normally, one would have to wait until August to see the mammoth "spy-hoppers" but through the magic of the Internet...I'll enjoy them today...front row seat...only slightly chilly not dressed in 4 layers...and completely crowd and "whale snot" free.  Although I have obviously never experienced it myself I have heard a friend say that there is nothing quite like being slimed by a whale...including the smell. 
 She says "It is like letting chum rot in a bucket...let it get really slimy and gross...then spray it on yourself with a mister."  

Uh...I'll pass on that. 
BLEAH!

Wishing Diane and Sal "Mazel Tov" today as the Yenta by proxy-chick and my favorite DUCK tie the knot. :) I love you guys!  Vicki, Brenda and LuAnn are already there...Flat Stan gets to be the ring bearer...which seems weirdly appropriate...and I am seriously bummed that I was unable to make it...but through FB/Skype we will ALL be there at 1:00  with Rabbi Steve...who may have survived the DUCK yarmulke but I think LOLA will do him in.

                                                   Diane and LOLA :)
                                    
                                      
               Diane, Stan (with his yellow bow-tie looking spiffy) and LuAnn

What do you get a guy who has EVERYTHING? An anatomically correct life sized vinyl blow-up sheep, of course. With lipstick and a garter and high heels!

So...how does this virtual CAKE thing work anyway?
 
 Thanks to my youngest son...I am heading into the Easter Weekend with a special treat in my basket.

Early Birthday Morels!!!!
Greys.  First of a season which is slow in coming. Fixed a huge skillet last night for dinner...nothing else...just the mushrooms...and it was perfect!


Nothing quite like them!