Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

                                        




                                          My Oldest with his Youngest


Who is celebrating a special Mother's Day tomorrow with Nicki including matching "Aiden" tattoos!



What an amazing week it has been. Starting with Aiden's arrival on Monday and Voting/Annual Brunch with my long time past lover/friend mid-week...and ending with sunshine and gardening/plants and an early Mother's Day bouquet (Thanks Tina...my sweet future DIL ) today.  And promises of a trek to Metropolis (open air concept mall) next week with friends.









Life is good!

The container approach for the bulbs made sorting and digging and stowing them until Fall (...Spring clean up...) much easier.






And spending a sunny afternoon today planting Columbine, Black Eyed Susans, Morning Glories, Moonflowers, Alysium, Zinnas, Caladulas, and have basketed the slender yellow day lilies for summer's show.





The Ranunculous are holding out with a few tissuey blooms and Bill's red rose (now basketed) is thriving.

The Knockout Roses the complex brought are lovely and budded/bloomed now.
And with them my "border" is making a comeback...and I shouldn't complain...but I HAVE to...

Since the border was to be erased I spent a lot of time seeding and covering and mossing the old area...only to have an oh-so-helpful maintenance guy (after I finished planting the Roses and Boxwoods) mulch back in the border...@@
So now, I have this beautiful lawn coming up through the mulch.  
WTH? 
 So now, I will be weeding out the grass I PLANTED.

And to compound matters...since I have already spored the area with morels for next season...I certainly will not be using weed killer out there.  
Yeah...yeah...I know...such a First World problem.

The herb baskets and pots seeded and set now. Looking forward to fresh herbs for cooking again.

                                         The End of the Spring Flowers


Enjoying a slow re-read of Frances Mayes "A Year in the World" this week and found a wonderful film that (although it definitely falls into the chick flick) category...was still really really good.  Labor Day with Kate Winslet.

So looking forward to chatting with everyone on Mother's Day...and invited out for dinner by my youngest...and planning a relaxing weekend of good food and films and "playing in the flowers"!

Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!