Monday, March 23, 2015

The Impressionists...Another Approach to Composting...And A New Snack






Completely amazed! A new snack gleaned from Pinterest (totally nailed it) that is less than 100 calories for two pieces and tastes wonderful!

And very simple.

Slice a banana...press two pieces together using a bit of peanut butter.  Arrange on flat tray.

Freeze for 1 hour.

Remove and dip in melted chocolate (or spoon chocolate over them).

Return to freezer for 1/2 hour.

Soooooooooooooo delicious.

I could see trying something very similar with fresh strawberries and a tiny bit of cream cheese or cheesecake filling. 

Anyway...

Spring has sprung...and apparently the Tucker-Cat is "feeling" it as well.









Still playing like a kitten at 14 years old (this April). Maybe a bit too kittenish this week, as he has been flying through the house; often leaping onto me randomly while I am reading in the evening with all claws out...like Velcro-Kitty! That will get your attention.

Just finished The Impressionist Three Part Special from the BBC as part of my Virtual France Adventure. Very entertaining and informative. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBah6c5kyA

In case you want a look.

I have been working on that Eiffel painting which took a decidedly odd turn last night. I started adding graffiti...but I think I like it. Will post photos as it is further along. 

After watching the Claude Monet special though...I must admit having an overwhelming urge to get a long, larger stretched canvas and work on that painting off my Summer photograph from Depauw Nature Park.






And another from a photograph...although not mine...but I could see where it would lend itself to Impressionism very well. Especially the flowers in the foreground.



Will be picking up canvas soon!  Very excited about these.

Learning a new compost approach as Spring arrives, now that I am using more container and baskets for my flowers and herbs. Lasagne Layering. Where you compost in layers directly in the pot, box or basket.  Layering egg shells, bits of vegetable trimmings, banana peel, coffee et. al. right in with your soil as you plant the container. Topping it off with a layer of good soil. Seems like a reasonable approach. Anxious to see how it works out.



Happy to see Spring arrive.  Years ago I was reading a book containing some of the lesser known works of Andrew Wyeth and came across this





Although I believe the official name for the watercolour is The Sexton...I remember a quote from him stating he wanted to call it

"She Didn't Winter Well"

At the time it seemed highly amusing and I may have laughed out loud.

Now as the Winter cold brings out the aches and pains and stiffness that come with FRED and a fair amount of arthritic joints...I understand the concept of Wintering Well on a far more personal level. And so....with another Winter behind me...it appears I have "Wintered Well" once again.

Go me!

Spring Break this week and looking forward to some Grandma Rose time....and Hannah's 8th Birthday!

More anon...