Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day...Procrastina (oh hell, I'll finish it later)...Gardening and NPB






And it was!!!


Started my Morning with Coffee, Chat, Chris and Tina and both of my Grandpuppies (Bennie and Neville)

Then Tina was off to her Mom's, to celebrate with Kimber and Emma...and Chris came back over to fix me a T-Bone steak dinner with caramelized onions, baked potato with sour cream and fresh chives, crescent rolls and a mixed green salad with Parm Crisps. It has been while since someone else cooked a gourmet meal for me! After dinner we enjoyed a long chat on the patio together.



Lennon phoned from Florida and promised only a few weeks until he is HERE!!! And to say Happy Mother's Day. My son who may not have grown under my heart...but grew in it! Can't wait until you are here.

Also enjoyed the afternoon with James, Nicole and the Grands!







Who arrived bearing a new Rose for my Patio Garden


 James finishing out the new wood tile for my bath (having earlier gotten management approval).  It looks amazing, son! Give it a whole new warm feeling. Can't wait to see the kitchen done!


At the end of the evening I turned in feeling very blessed.

I have three amazing sons!

This week is suppose to be gorgeous...and planning a gardening/weeding/potting and planting day tomorrow.

Saw a couple of my Hummingbirds buzzing around (they're back) so will be making sugar water and re-hanging their feeder, too.

And the re-opening of North Patio Beach for the first good bask of the 2017 Season.

                                     
                                        North Patio Beach (last season)

Because it is on the NORTH side of the patio...silly.

Going to miss my fuzz-buddy, Tucker, who always spent a few minutes out there with me...then got up and moved to the shade, like

"You're nuts! Screw this."

And the only way I would ever get Shelby that close to the outdoors and nature if if I rolled her up in the quilt and dragged her out. Even when I sit out for Morning Coffee she just sits by the patio door and watches from the inside, okay.

We are bonding, though...and are sorting out routines of our own.

When I napped on the sofa this afternoon she jumped up voluntarily for the first time to join me...and although she still  won't nap on me...she presses close and rests her head in my cupped hand now.

 Trust and Love take time.

Like a child she has learned (already) that  when I go out to the store I always bring her back a special treat.  Now she looks for it when I come home!

She seems to  be aligning her internal  clock for wake-up and bedtime to mine now. If I turn in late she just pads over and waits beside the bedroom door until I do.

 Realizing that the never-letting-me-out-of-her-sight when I am here is probably more of a separation/abandonment issue from being turned over to the Rescue Shelter and living in a small cage for 4 months.  This too may pass with time and love.

Now about PROCRASTINATION.

These days it is my biggest bad habit.

Putting things off until

LATER

TOMORROW

NEXT MONTH

SOMEDAY


~sigh~

I knew I really had a problem when instead of just DOING what needed to be done, I actually (I am not making this up) caught myself spending an inordinate amount of time GOOGLING procrastination and tips to break the habit...lol!

In order to avoid what I NEEDED to be doing.

I KNOW, right?

So I am now starting with day-mapping.  Just a check list of things I am planning to accomplish for the day.

It has only been a few days but I am seeing some difference. The list keeps me focused. When I complete a large project I reward (treat) myself.

I try to keep the list concise and I do not go to bed until all the planned tasks have been marked off.

The marking off process is pretty satisfying.

They say it takes 21 days to form a new routine...so I am hoping by then the day-map will just be a new more efficient habit...and I can get away from putting things off.



I can do this....