Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Ringing in the New- 2019



I love Near Year's Day. Always have. Such possibilities...clean slate...anticipation...talking myself into leaving the tree and lights up one more night...holiday leftovers...copious amounts of chocolate...no scales until tomorrow...amazing afternoon nap.

Yeah...New Year's Day ROCKS!!!

But now the coffee is clearing today's nap...and it is time to set the 2019 GOALS:

Mine run along the lines of fairly Traditional this year.

Spirituality:

Daily Meditations (morning and evening)

Mindfulness in all aspects of my Life

Gratitude Journal

Continue to Practice Zen Buddhism



Health, Diet and Exercise:

Schedule Annual Check Up Early

Daily Multivitamin and various herbals and anti-bacterials/anti-virals pro-actively

Stay Well Hydrated

Weigh myself tomorrow...and adjust accordingly. I am sure I have found an extra 10 pounds this year through the holiday season...because I like cake...a lot...okay. Nothing a few weeks of the 5:2 or AFD can't handle, and totally worth it.

Get back to PT Exercises- twice a day. Before the w/c when I was still ambulatory I did this religiously. Since...well...not so much. And I can see/feel the difference.
Regular PT makes everything easier...and keeps me in much better shape,


Financial:

Make my 2019 Budget and Savings Plan
Keep Expenses Paid A Month in Advance and Pay Off Credit Cards Monthly

Finish my Bedroom Project and this year- A New Dryer and Microwave (and maybe a cat tree)

The $50. Project. (carrying 50.00 on hand to help others who are in need)

A Pet $100. (a one hundred dollar bill tucked away on hand )


Relationships:

More (quality time) with Family and Friends.

Strive to be a BETTER person...whether it is in my romantic relationship...with my children and friends...or just everyday strangers.

Listen more. Talk Less.

Love, Compassion, Empathy and Gratitude.


Self-Care and Growth:

Eat More Vegetables and Fruits...less Meat.

Take better care of my body. (...it's nearly 60 now!!!)

Get ENOUGH (sleep, exercise, food and water, sex...whatever)

Respond  More.  React Less.

Be Happy!

Try, Experience, (and Learn) New Things (all year)

Take this year and do quite a few of the items on my Life List :)


That is about it! 

Settling in for a movie and Pasta with Zucchini and Parmesan Marinara.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Hope yours is filled with Peace, Happiness, Light and So Much Love...




And Coffee, of course!