Sunday, September 8, 2019

Fall Hair

Salted Caramel.

The first time I saw the color was this picture...and my reaction was WOW!






So, I made up my mind to do it one Fall.

Yeah...my hair isn't extremely long anymore, but the other day I thought

"If not now...then WHEN?"

or as NIKE says

JUST DO IT!

The consultation was fun...and learned that my natural hair color was a #7

(who knew?)

Then we picked out my Salted Caramel highlights to go with the hair color...a mixture of caramel and blondish.

The entire process took about 2 hours plus layer cut and style time. Half of that time my hair was layered in foil wraps like a baked potato at Red Lobster.

Ashley (my stylist) was amazing...and the colors turned out just the way I envisioned...

(...so grateful  that when I first showed her the photo she didn't use Ashley Judd's line on me...)

"Honey, the only way you're going to look like that is if I staple the photo to your forehead!"

Then, I made the mistake of mentioning that I usually put a little curl in my hair.

She turned me away from the mirror and got an instrument of curling.

When she turned me back to the mirror it was obvious it had been a crimper not a wand and suddenly I was Chad Kroeger from early Nickelback...sans the Van Dyke.



What have you done, and why do I have Ramen Noodles on my head??? This will not do.


(...no...I did not say it out loud...)

Later, at home, I would wash the kink out and start over with a 1 inch barrel for nice soft waves and layers.

Getting a photo to share soon...after John gets to see it!

Overall, I am extremely pleased. and just in time for Fall.

Although Salted Caramel also has the advantage of blending the little gray that was creeping in seamlessly...it does have a funny "early morning" effect.

With bedhead you wake up morphing into Steven Tyler

Without the facial hair...

(okay...unless I need to wax...)

laughing

But the hair color, length and messiness is really close.

Off to get more coffee...