Saturday, November 2, 2019

Gadget...Halloween...November and Dia Los Muertos

Yeah...so Gadget has fully taken over John's place.

And amazingly the past week or so has shown me how much Sofi has been boycotting me since the kitten's arrival.

She has resumed playing FETCH which she has stopped altogether.

She has resumed napping and sleeping with me. She had stopped napping with me altogether and slept grudgingly at my feet while the kitten would climb purring and settle on top off me.

She has resumed taking her place by me or by the vent when I am using the computer.

and a new twist as she now sits in my lap....a lot...which is a nice change.

Gadget has not only found TV

(...and I'm hearing David Bowie singing China Girl)


And enjoyed The World Series (with chips)

...but also learned to play fetch (presumably from watching Sofi) and John can toss a toy mouse or crumpled paper ball down the stairs and she will bring it back up to him.



"AGAIN!!!"
              ~Gadget

Best of all is when we are having morning coffee online...this pops upon my screen...

She is growing like a weed...and is going to be a much bigger cat than Sofi.

And Sofi has once again taken her place as rightful Queen of The Manor and seems fairly happy about it!

So all is well!

Enjoyed a wonderful Halloween Night with James and Nicole, Chris and Tina and most of my Grands (Aiden, Brenden, Kaylee and Emma) for their

Annual Chili Supper and Scary Movie

Admiring the trick or treat black tree that Nicki had decorated with netting and spooky stuff and rubber skeletons of spiders and bats and birds and rats and human bones...including a grinning skull for a topper! Strung with orange and purple lights.

I did my Crazy Cat Lady with pink rollers, white face cream, a crazy cat lady sign, lap robe and this

"Yep...Fluffy hasn't shed in years!"


It was a lot of fun...

And there was freezing cold (24 degrees) and our first snowfall!

Little frozen vampires and skeletons and unicorns at the door.

Candy leftover for the first time ever!!!

The chili was WONDERFUL (as always)

The MOVIE of the night was the latest

ZOMBIELAND 2

and she had made coffee and iced pumpkin bread for afters!

The very best part for me was when we were all gathered in the living room watching the movie.

EVERYONE

Even Nacho (the one-eyed Pomeranian) and Franco (the newly acquired cat)
laughing at the antic  of Woody Harrelson, warm, full of chili and maybe chocolate...

FAMILY

and all was right with the world, for that moment.

A few hours sleep and suddenly it was

The bright colors of October gone...and laying in blown piles on the lawn.

The chipped pumpkin orange nail-polish now looking...well...just chipped...gaudy and orange.

I learned that wearing facial masque for 3 hours straight leaves your skin soft as a baby's butt...so there is THAT,

Nicole has been gifted Fluffy...to go along with her skeleton collection.

And I was pretty useless for the entire day.

Papa John's knew just what I needed!

Woke way too late (almost 11) this morning with Sofi standing on my chest

"Are you going to feed me..or WHAT???"

                                                           ~Sofi

And a slow start to

Dia Los Muertos

(...how nice...they seemed to have named a day for me...)

But while Mexicans everywhere are honoring their dead...I'm working on this house so people won't think I have...

Died, that is...

A Cinderella Day filled with dusting and scrubbing and laundry and dishes...stripping the bed and fresh sheets...and later a good bath!

Let the Holiday Season begin!

When Halloween Collides with Christmas at Walmart.


More Anon....