Saturday, August 28, 2021

Birthdays...Our August Adventure...and More...

 

"You're going away again...aren't you?"


Emma turned 15 on Thursday!  We are all getting together soon...the whole herd of us...even Chris and Tina.

Just got home from Our August Adventure and Loretta's 80th Birthday...and recovering.

(...if we had longer than 3 days...I'm pretty sure I'd die, honey...)

It was a wonderful adventure.

Good food...good company...a hot tub...shopping...surprises...what more could anyone ask for???

We were able to pick Loretta up for her 80th Birthday!

And were surprised that Cracker Barrel now has wines to accompany meals...so after 80 years, Loretta was finally able to try white wine.

She had never tasted wine in her life and always wanted to...

So...she was able to enjoy Rainbow Trout fillets in lemon pepper butter with green beans, fresh fruit and Chardonnay...and Coca Cola Chocolate layer cake with a candle!

Afterwards we took her on a small shopping spree.

She laughed and had a great time!

We spent a couple of days there...playing in the hot tub...eating Chinese in bed...and just generally goofing off...then our carriage turned back into a pumpkin and it was back to being responsible adults...again.

We stopped by Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way out of town...and this is the surprise I was talking about.

On Thursday, we had noticed a soft-as-a kitten shawl while we were there, and Loretta and I had taken turns "petting it". So soft and snuggly and pretty. I almost bought it. It wasn't expensive...but I couldn't see where I'd ever wear it...and so I didn't.

Thursday night, I actually realized I had paid off my Mastercard just before we had left for our trip...and convinced myself to charge it on Friday...

By Friday I was proud of myself for "adulting hard"...realizing I really did not NEED the cream colored fuzzy shawl...and gave it one final "pet" as we left.

 Quietly...I had regretted immediately (after leaving) that I hadn't just put the damned thing on my card...

...little did I know...

Before John left here Friday, he brought a big bag in from the car...when I had taken a restroom break at one point he had slipped into the gift shoppe earlier and bought the shawl as a gift (there was more than one)...I was amazed and happy!!!

(...thank you....it is my new woobie...I LOVE it...and you...)

We ended Friday night together catching the end of the Colts 3rd and last pre-season game which we WON!!!

Both the Colts and the Chiefs have emerged from their respective pre-seasons undefeated!!!

It is shaping up to be a great football season...and the excitement and win was the perfect ending for our adventure.

Caught up on the news...the suicide bombing by ISIS-K outside the Kabul airport killing about 170 including 13 of our service members...quickly followed by our targeted drone strike killing 2 of the ISIS planners and wounding a third.

Because Joseph "Fuck Around and Find Out" Biden handled the situation. 

Obviously not SLEEPY...SLOW or SENILE.

We have 4 days left for evacuations...and last count had removed over 120,000.

A minor miracle.

Many nations, including our own, are offering the refugees asylum.

Charlie Watts, drummer for The Rolling Stones, died this week.

And Keith Richards made me tear up with his tribute the next morning on Twitter...which was simply this photograph...

The sunflower seedling are now beginning to stand tall!


And September 1st we will start the Fall Decor.

No book this week...but getting in queue for King's newest tome...Billy Summers.

This Week's Movie


 Face it...

It is a Disney Film...based off a Disneyland ride...starring The Rock...okay???

This is not War and Peace.

It is basically bubble gum for your brain.

Having said that- it is engaging...often funny...has beautiful cinematography...some incredible CGI (and some not-so-incredible)...a predictable but still interesting story-line...and a happy ending.

What more could you want?

The best for me was the banter between "Skippy" and "Pants"

The Skipper played by The Rock and Blount's trouser-wearing heroine.

Well worth a look!

Now to get unpacked and tidy a bit so I can enjoy a Zen Sunday, tomorrow.

More Anon...