Saturday, October 16, 2021

To Go Boldly...Kids and Grands...Vegetable Soup...and Chris' 32nd Birthday!

 

What a week!

Woke this morning to 45 degrees...the heat on and hot chocolate. Fall has arrived and it is spectacular!

After over a half century...Captain Kirk (William Shatner) has (at 90 years old) finally gone boldly where few of us ever will go.

And it was wonderful.

"I'm not crying...you're crying."

If anyone deserved the life-changing ability to experience space...it is this man. 

And we watched as he stayed by the window...face pressed to the glass...in awe.

And cried along with him when he returned to Earth...overwhelmed...humbled.

Choking back tears as he thanked Bezo for the Experience of a Lifetime.

As a girl I watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.

This was better.

Yesterday was amazing with my grands and Nicole and James...and pizza and pop and chat and watch me ride my bike, Grandma Rose!

Catching up with each other and life.

My Kaylee now Kayleb with all that entails.

I have no problem with another grandson...but still find myself tripped up on the pronouns.

Love will always be love.

The veggie soup?

Let me explain.  I seemed to have morphed into my Dad after all these years. When I would pick him up I always knew what advertisement he had recently seen by his restaurant for lunch request.

"Hey...you know what sounds good? Rally's" 

So, when our friend, Kathy, sent a picture of her homemade vegetable soup bubbling away last week my first thought was-

That's Nice.

Immediately followed by a Venom-like voice in-my-head that said-

We are HUNGRY!!!! We NEED homemade veggie soup...NOW!!!

On market-day I picked up red potatoes, stew meat, onions, carrots, tomatoes and paste, corn, green beans and a little cabbage and Sunday I will let it simmer for the entire day...voila...veggie soup!

Even have a long loaf of French bread and butter to accompany it.

Going to roast the root veggies with the meat, tonight.

Hard to believe that my youngest turns 32 tomorrow!

 Where do the years go?


 He and Don and I getting together, soon, to celebrate both their birthdays.

Don's was the 13th.

John and I off on our Fall Adventure in mere days, now!

So excited!!!

We will schedule the Bridge Festival next year, love.

This Week's Movie:



An older film (2017) with Peter Dinklage


Stories within stories...memories within memories...as he attempts to retrace the events leading up to the horrific crash and death of his much loved brother.

An outstanding performance by everyone in this psychological thriller.

Nice twist at the end!

Now to roast the meat and vegetables...

More Anon.

 


"I'm HELPING with the laundry, Dad..."

                                                               -Gadget





Update:  So, our Colts beat the Texans...and Kansas beat Washington. All is good in the world!

And I finished simmering my soup!!

                                                                                                                                            
 
Life is Good!!