Saturday, April 2, 2022

April...All The Seasons in One Week...Return of The Rona...Politics and More

 

This week has been bizarre.

First it is in the 20's and everything is frozen...then it is 40 but raining...Wednesday was sunny and 74 degrees...then back to gray and raining...Friday Morning was WTF and woke to a light coating of SNOW...IKR???

Today they promise more rain...but tomorrow it will be sunny and near 50.

Welcome to Spring in Indiana.

The nearby willow tree has greened up...and my daffodils are now sprouted about an inch...the grass is greening nicely and the lawn crew is back hauling mulch...so there is hope!

Frankly, I've been too engrossed in a local business/bank error to even notice.

An honest mistake by a local business...dominoed into a nightmare this week. I noticed that they had overcharged my Visa by 39.04 (...in retrospect...I should have just eaten the loss and moved on...) Talked with the business-owner who acknowledged that it was an honest mistake...and then she advised I call the number on the back of my card to dispute the charge and have it removed/refunded.


 

Sounded easy enough.

Yeah, right.

(...can you hear my eyes rolling from there???)

When I rang up the number on the back of my card...it soon became apparent that Visa outsourced their help-calls...and that the guy who answered did not understand me and that English was not his first language.

By the time we had brokenly communicated with each other...he had disputed my electric bill for 139. instead of the local business 39. overcharge.

This would reflect on my online account.

I immediately contacted the electric company....and Visa...who righted the situation...

And then I made the mistake of trying to explain the 39.04 overcharge...this time to a well-meaning...also outsourced woman...maybe in Dubai.

OMFG!

She said she fixed the problem...she fixed it, ok...

She marked it as a case of fraud...and cancelled the card and sent a new one with a new number and pin and everything.

Jesus Wept...

I still have not had the charge removed...have a new card number and PIN to memorize...and have learned a very important lesson.

Never ever ever call the help-number on the back of your Visa.

You're Welcome.

And The Rona is back...or soon will be coming to a town near you.

Not that it ever really left, of course.

You may be so done with it...but it is certainly not done with us.

Now there is the B2 variant...and it has already arrived on the EC ( New York) and the WC (San Diego) 

In China and the UK it has already taken over as the dominate strain.

John has already got his 4th shot...and I am scheduling mine.

(...if we have to do these yearly like the flu vaccine...I'm good with that...)

Entering the third year and we have vaccinated and masked...tested and socially distanced...you know what we haven't had???

Covid.

So yeah...there's that.


 

Krispy Kreme got me with its April Fools gag of a cologne that smelled exactly like a hot original glazed doughnut.

"Just shut up and take my money."

And Twitter unkindly teased us with the possible addition of an edit button...lol...real funny.

The Russians have retreated from Kyiv and surrounding areas...Zelenskyy is still standing...and for seven buses full of troops...have fucked around and found out WHY there is still an exclusion zone 36 years after Chernobyl.

I feel sorry for a lot of these young soldiers who were not even born when the melt-down occurred.

The engineers maintaining the defunct plant tried to warn them...to no avail.

To make matters worse, a large group entered The Red Forest

In the Exclusion Zone...possibly the most radioactive spot on the planet...and will be for my lifetime...my children's lifetimes and their children's lifetimes...and drove heavy machinery through it raising columns of radioactive dust...and dug trenches in it...and camped (bivouc) here for three weeks.

At which time they all had Acute Radioactive Poisoning and were taken away in 7 buses to a hospital in Belarus where they were met with doctors in Hazmat suits...and grim prognosis.

Most will die of radiation poisoning...soon.

The rest will develop cancers within the next 5 years.

Yeah...invisible can STILL kill you.

The forest is called 

The Red Forest

because this is the way it appears on Infrared Film. 

36 years later the area is still highly radioactive.


 Gearing up for our midterm elections in November.

The possibilities are endless.

My primary concern is voting out Todd Young.

We have a real chance to change the face of politics with this election...and all we have to do is show up and vote blue.

Enjoy your weekend!