Sunday, May 1, 2022

April Showers and May Flowers...Prom...and Raining in the Kitchen!

 

Welcome to May!!!

The copious rain in April did wonderful things for the bulbs...and the daffodils are up 5-6 inches and ready to bloom.

From this-

to this-


 In mere weeks.  Tomorrow, the sun will be out brightly, and I expect yellow blossoms on a few by the end of the day!

Enjoying photos from before my grand-daughter, Emma's, prom.


Just beautiful! And she had a wonderful time!

 

Now...about the rain in my kitchen.

It has been a trying week.

Woke up earlier in the week to bright sunshine...and the sound of rain.

Curious.

Since they had just replaced all MY water pipes a couple of years back...it would seem I was safe from any more water related catastrophes...right????

Not so.

The neighbor upstairs had not had theirs replaced yet.

YET being the operative, here.

Their kitchen pipes had burst...coming through my ceiling...and yes...making it rain in my kitchen.

To their credit..maintenance was immediately on the scene...shutting off the water...working to fix the problem and clean up.

The only hint that it happened at all is the hole they had to Sawsall in the ceiling to let the interior dry. In a couple weeks when all is dried out they will patch that.

All is well that ends well...and I am so happy I rent these days...and have a lawn crew and maintenance.  

Well, my mushrooms and the cake is gone...along with April...so my birthday must be over...lol


                                                   62 is awesome!

This is day 67 of the Ukraine Invasion...and 8 days until Putin's next "projected" day of "winning".

Frankly, I don't think it is going to happen...do you???

The before and after of one of the many cats that have been rescued during the bombing...


And Patron is still going strong...



Including a delightful public relations break!

Just having a Zen Sunday with Sofi.

See everyone next week!