Saturday, May 28, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend


 Yesterday's rains giving way to the next four days of sunshine and 70+ degree days!

Starting the holiday weekend with Friday's leftover cold pizza and Coke.

Breakfast of Champions!!!

As you can see, the warmth and rains have absolutely made my roses bloom like crazy.


 

Also my flag irises and our little spruce, that started out as a 6 inch straight stick,  basically.  It has turned into a small Christmas Tree. I see decorations this December.

Gardening today in my Crazy Plant Lady ball-cap, shades and the cool Zelenskyy Green tee-shirt...lol! 

A gardening fashion statement.

Going to take advantage of a few nice days and trim the bayberry bushes...weed the borders...clear away the leftovers of spring foliage and get the beds and pots ready for summer bedding plants.

And open NPB for basking.

Enjoyed a visit and KFC dinner with Nicole, Emma and Aiden last Sunday...and currently making plans for her (soon to be) birthday. Once my DIL...now just my daughter-I-never-had.

John and I getting excited about our trip to Logan's soon...and later our Dinosaur Date!!!!

Dominion will be out soon.

 The Movie this Week:


Excellent drama/thriller...not new new, but new to me.

Exciting...keeps you on the edge of your seat and nice twist ending.

Well worth a watch!

Nothing terribly exciting out there in the way of new books...but did snag a couple of good cookbooks on Bread-making and Artisan Breads to try.


Also on the lookout for a great beach to paint for summer.

(...have a fresh canvas and all the paints...just need a subject...)

Koko (...a twitter-friend of mine who is an artist...)

recently started selling some of her original work reproduced on ceramic mugs...thus I now have this on the way from her Etsy shoppe.

Still saving for one of her original wall pieces.

And this:


 My Dad kept a yellowed newspaper image of this 1945 photo in his wallet until the day he died. Amidst that mass of humanity on the Queen Elizabeth II...somewhere...is my dad. Coming back from WWII. 

They docked in NY. 

The war was over.

 

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!