Monday, May 9, 2022

Mother's Day...And the War is NOT Over.

 

A day of relaxation...bubble bath with scented candles...flowers...catching up with everyone...gardening and a nap...good food and tea with wild honey and toast!

A knock by James...and a bouquet for my table.

                                        What a wonderful surprise!

Outside...I woke up to most of my daffodils bloomed , and a beautiful sunny day.

This week promises to be warm, sunshine and dry. Hoping to get my borders cleaned and start planting!

Filled the galvanized half barrel with 25 miniature daffs...but as yet only one has sprouted. I am thinking the torrential rain may have ruined them.


 My guy...taunting me with fresh cotton candy from a nearby street carnival...lol!

Today marks our 4th year back together and our 40th year knowing one another...hard to believe.

Yes...apparently we have grown old together!

We are brunching later this week...and then running away for a proper celebration near the end of the month.

Anyway...it is May 9th...and much to Putin's chagrin...the War in Ukraine is not over...lol.

In fact, Russian troops have been losing ground (...also men...equipment..et al). I am seriously beginning to believe the Ukrainians are going to send them back to Russia.

GOOD!

Zelenskyy is amazing...and during an awards ceremony, presented a medal to PATRON (...the mine-sniffing terrier...) as well.

Which was perfect!

I am emotionally invested in this little pooch.

Have a wonderful week!