Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sisters Day...Finnegan's First Month...Ola's Brunch...and The Garden

 

Everything green, happy and growing!

Of course, a garden isn't really a garden without a cat.

"Hey, Mom."  

                   -Finnegan

The feral who has stolen my heart and moved in.

He owns me, now.

He has been here for a month..loves head & ear scritches...also cream gravy, steak, chicken, pulled-pork...oh and the green catnip Temptation treats.

He already runs off any cat who dares come near...threw a pouting fit when I had petted Charlie cat (and he smelled him on me) and ran off a rotund (...we're talking basket-ball with legs) sized raccoon. Chased him as hard as the fat little guy could lope all the way to the tree-line then returned to me like

"See Mom...I saved you from a wild animal!"

And returned quite happy with himself. 

Enjoyed a mid-week Italian Brunch with my friend Ola and her friend Starr...which was very nice.

And then there was John. 

We were both up during the storm at 5 AM, and my guy phoned asking

"Are you up for an adventure????

"Always!!!"

The gist of it being that the little town we like in Illinois has now opened a dispensary...lol.

Seriously.

So, of course...I added

"Well...we will HAVE to get those matching tattoos we are always talking about, too."

So there you have it.

Geriatric pot-tourism and tats.

I feel absolutely rebellious.

(...and no...we won't be bringing anything back across state lines...and I may have to get a lava lamp for the room...)

Eric, Melissa, Heather and The Girls ran around with him at the opening day of the State Fair.


and the rest of the grand's arrived today to enjoy The Children's Museum.


And me...well I'm just hanging out with Finn and relaxing today.

Just started Baldacci's latest book...sipping sweet tea and contemplating a mid-day nap.

You gotta have a plan!

Happy Sunday!

Love,

Carla and Finn


 



 

"No big deal...I face off with wild animals all the time, Mom."   -Gadget