Thursday, December 31, 2015

Au Revoir 2015





Looking back an an Incredible year!

It started in Virtual Paris, France.  Does it GET any better than that?
Seriously.

And I spent 365 days (give or take) learning to make the crepes, cuisine, sauces, and sampling the tastes of France. I must admit, perfect creamy Hollandaise Sauce still eludes me. The discovery of Maison du Chocolat truffles eased the pain a bit. And I did learn how to create Apple Pastry Roses, so there's that.

I virtually explored the Louve, the Eiffel Tower, as well as the vast number of parks that France has to offer.

Even ate Oranges while exploring Le Orangeries.

Thanks to Amazon and International Online Wineries,  I was able to sample many of the cheeses (tres bon) and a few of the wines including Champagne from Champagne!

Picked up via eBay a trinket souvenir vanity dish from Limoges.

Toured the Loire Valley, River and Castles from the air, thanks to YouTube

Performed the Ritual and Sipped Absinthe. Home smelled a lot like Toulouse's breath.



Toured Giverny, wandered the water gardens, learned a LOT about the Impressionists...especially my favorite, Monet. and even managed to try my hand at Impressionism Painting and water lilies. Also bought a circulated 1888 Franc after the adventure from eBay as a souvenir. And an old postcard from the Water Gardens.







Toured the French Spas and tried my hand at creating some of the wonderful Rose Masques and Facials and Re-Created a French Spa Bath. Decadent!


And THAT was just the Virtual Adventures.

Had an amazing NYE Chili Supper with Donna, Dayne and Eric.

Managed to finish my home creations of Blush Wine and A Nice Honey Mead. Okay...it tasted more like Honey Shine. The Blush was nice, though.

Watch the BEST Superbowl I had seen for a long time between the Patriots and the Seahawks. What a game!

Have an Afternoon with Mr. Grey...lol! And a back-seat full of ropes. Thanks, Donna!

Enjoy our "Idgy and Rose..let's have a BONFIRE combined Birthday Cake" and a week with each other!





Without setting the house or cat on fire...or burning our eyebrows off! And I turned 55. And she turned 40. We're not bad for two older broads...lol!

Idgy and I (2015)

Reunited with my brothers and sisters (Jan's kids) and managed 3 Family Reunions (one with Chuck and Family) this year. Good to re-connect with everyone!

Spent Oodles and oodles of time with family and friends...and the grands!

Hosted the 2015 DS Gathering...and Loran's Memorial and Tarantula Toast. And it was AWESOME!!! Thanks for all coming out to the midst of a cornfield...really!





Read a lot..wrote a lot...and completed my Zen Living III and a small book of poems I finished just for me:  The Ashes.

Managed several Zen Retreats, Two Writer's Conferences and One Phototrek this year. Also submitted one essay in contest form. Didn't make it (win)...but it was a lot of fun anyway!









Researched all the 2016 Presidential Candidates and have watched all the debates. Both Parties. THE HORROR.

Voted in the local elections...and my guy won for Mayor! 
YAY!


Tried Rattlesnake (meat) for the very first time...and also made Rattlesnake Chili.   (highly over-rated, just sayin')

And saw Star Wars with Chris

Which was OUTSTANDING!



Also a bittersweet year, as we lost Jan (my biological Mom) and Robbin, my good friend, (Tony's wife) suddenly.  RIP.

And muddled through that first year of the loss of both Loran and Bruce. 

Making that transition from "I miss..." to "I Remember..." for them both.

FRED has expanded a bit (fat bastard)...but seems to have stabilized for now. MRI showed no spinal involvement, thankfully.  I am moving a bit slower but still ambulatory and enjoying life...so it's all good.

Getting the year end stuff caught up here, and looking forward to Ringing in the New Year (alas virtually) together this year with "Idgy" with wine, cheese and good chocolate!  And a few hours early as we ring it in...in Rio Janeiro's Time Zone tonight.  She has to leave for Mom's at Ohmigod:Hundred hours...and me...I just am going to enjoy the few hours extra sleep!   

If you ring in the New Year's (in Rio) does that make you a Brazil Nut?




See you in January!