Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Cup of Ripe Strawberries




The first of the Tributes!

The sunshine and rain have done amazing things with my little garden spot and the flowerbeds :)

Picking what will be the remainder of the green beans soon...and the cucumber vines eager to stretch out and take their place. So wonderful to have a small kitchen garden again.



and the Tributes will bear fruit from now until the snow falls!


Got a laugh yesterday when I checked the mail. Anyone who knows me knows what a political animal I am...how completely immersed in our political process...an activist from way back...anyway...wrote The White House a while back...yes as in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...The President of the United States...concerning a social issue. So imagine my pleasure and surprise when I received in the mail yesterday on the thick slightly green tinged cream stationary of the White House complete with seal...a response...

Or so I thought.

Okay...I don't expect attentiveness like knowing the numbers of hairs on my head...or that whole sparrow thing...and I pretty much expected a canned response...although once I received a hand-written three page letter from Richard Lugar (...apparently I touched a nerve...) but this...this was, in a sad sort of way, absolutely hilarious.







Compentency: FAIL

Where some overworked, underpaid, overzealous envelope stuffer obviously stuffed my note in someone else's envelope. Who knows...maybe Ms. James' from Montgomery?

Note to President Obama...this does not fill me with warm fuzzy confidence in your Administration despite the fact I have been a staunch supporter since I saw your amazing speech at the DNC when you were only a fledgling Senator. 

                                                        Just sayin'

And in the news of The World...France has added a touch to the banks of the Seine that words just can't do justice. 







At 21' x 12' a statue in chrome by artist Phillipe Pasqua of a T-Rex skeleton in Paris France.  Why?

 "Because we are French, darling!"


Enjoying the spontaneity of youth as Nikki (a girl my eldest has known for years here) left...pretty much everything...behind and decided at the last moment to accompany James to Florida.

(...I remember this level of Freedom in my youth...)

                     James and Nikki in Indianapolis before their Adventure

And photos from Florida now...where she had never seen an ocean...a palm tree...the beach before.



And seems to be loving the "newness" of it all!

And Chris...who has found something wonderful and new as well. Went to the Ham (Radio) Fest with Dane last weekend and found a 1917 Brownie Type 3 Box Camera...and is completely enthralled.







And the screw actually fit his tripod!

Remarkable shape for a nearly 100 year old camera...and Roberts (Indy) sells photosensitive paper and everything to make B&W's :)


Lennon is heading back to classes soon and I will be seeing he and his brother in April next year during my Florida travels :)

Life is good!
(...even if the President did send the response to my letter to Montgomery Alabama...lol)