Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A "Fasting" Cup






Okay...perhaps I'm being overly dramatic...

No...actually this is Day 5 (AFD #3) and if this works it will be the easiest most wonderful weight-loss programme ever. My weigh-in isn't until Saturday morning which will mark a complete week.

Am learning (on IFD's) how to get really really creative with the allotted 500 calories. Think lots of veggies, yoghurt, cold boiled shrimp and lean shaved turkey and chicken. (Disclaimer: NONE of which will be eaten on the holiday...btw...) Even have a recipe now for Kale Crisps for something crunchy. And I am also realizing that on the non-fast days that the fast days are helping me refrain from over-indulging.

Swapped tomorrow for the 4th of July because...NOBODY has that much will-power...lol! 

Going well so far. Anxious to see where I am at Saturday!

Religiously turning the compost bin and the heat, redworms and various materials are slowly working their magic. Before winter I should have a layer of good rich soil to layer the garden. Am going to start my bulbs in the fallow winter garden too...to arrange/plant elsewhere in Spring.

The tropical patterns of heat and warm rain have done amazing things and both the flowerbeds and the garden are flourishing!

Only

more days until Our Summer Adventure, Idgy!  That is only 100 or so cups of coffee and still more than 300 gazing balls...GIMY2...can't wait!

This week's read...A COOKBOOK...nah...not really. Actually a book that was new for me but apparently I just missed it years ago when it was published. 
The CEO Of The Sofa:  By P.J O'Rourke  I may not always agree with his political viewpoint...or EVER for that matter...but as an Author he is top shelf.  The chapter with P.J and Chris Buckley at a wine-tasting will make you laugh until you cry. So will most of the rest of it! 

If you are an O'Rourke fan you are going to love this book.


Everyone have a wonderful (and safe) 4th of July!