Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Cup of Acrylics



Spent the morning playing with a study of the Michigan Dunes. Had to tabletop the easel after realizing the thing is just HUGE and doesn't do well on the patio without seriously rearranging things. Not this morning, okay?

And it was brisk this morning. Tucker climbing into my lap mid-brush-stroke to curl in a snug kitty ball.

Summoning, a conversation Idgy and I had recently about some of the new artists marking their work with DNA now.  I think the most frequent comment might have been "pretentious".
Well now, like some of the Old Master's work actually...and after removing a few black stray Tucker-hairs...my Dune definitely has kitty DNA  :)

To be fair...he has a few drips of sky blue himself.

Skies.

I think they may be my favourite thing to paint, so far. And enjoying coffee and fresh air while creating is even nicer.

Anyway...the beginning of the Dunes




I want to add more texture to the sand...but afraid I might destroy what I have already finished.  Just playing with technique right now, anyway.

Bought a few 8x10 stretched canvases to play. 
May even go with a bit of multi-medium with this...and work in some genuine gelled sand and textures.

And no...I won't be channelling my inner Bob Ross and add a 
Happy Tree...m'kay?
   

Oh...and a couple of shots of my inherited kitty! 







"Lovey"



Who is having none of the whole "being petted/touched" thing yet...but seems to
 really really like the canned salmon!