Tuesday, April 28, 2015

55 and STILL Alive...Brenden's 5th...And Limoge

                       
                        The Grands!  Honorary and Natural:  Brenden, Emma, 
                     Jasmine, Aiden, Hannah and Kaylee (missing: Preston)



                                               My Birthday Morels


                                     Card, Roses and Cheesecake

Pearl Earrings and a Faux Fur Trimmed Winter Coat I had been Coveting

The Gift of External Speakers...Teavana Whte Peach Tea and Teapot...One Absolutely Perfect Bakery Cupcake with a candle....A Motivational Decorative Sign...A DQ Card and some extra "gardening" cash.


Yeah it was kind of like this! 
And since the neurosurgeon (in 2008) predicted I would end up in  "The Marble Orchard" by 2009...I have to admit I feel pretty damn good about turning 55.

Beginning with a luncheon with several good friends...a birthday brunch thrown for both Judy and I. Her birthday was the 22nd.It was wonderful! There were two cakes (one chocolate and one white) Then Tina and Chris showing up very early on my birthday proper for a visit...a call and Skype from Lennon...and later in afternoon a tap tap tapping on the door opening it to ALL my grands (...save Preston...) and Nicole, Tanya and James. Happy Chaos! Melissa showed up with her nearly here (June) baby bump...so suddenly we had 5 children under ten, two infants and a baby bump out back. I was waiting for one of the neighbors to wander over with birth control literature.

Saturday, Pam & I were finally able to get together at Red Lobster for what would be our 42nd Annual Birthday Celebration together. Her 56th and my 55th. We have started a new tradition of naming our "intended" lobsters. Which was kind of entertaining in a "freak the waitress completely out" kind of way. Her's was Clarence. Mine was George. And they were stuffed and delicious I might add. Celebrating not only birthdays, but 42 years of friendship together! We had a 3 hour lobster brunch and chat that was so nice! Oh and cake, of course.

Then....because you can never ever ever have too much cake ...or parties...

James scooped me up on Sunday to join them for Brenden's 5th TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle) Party.

Nicole absolutely did an amazing job pulling everything together! So CREATIVE!








                                            (...make a wish...)




                              (Grandma Rose's Temporary Tattoo Booth)


                                               Sewer Slime Green Cake!

And wonderful to see Joey and James back together after all these years playing guitar just like they used to as kids. Joey, who like his brother Richard- and about a dozen other kids that used to hang out with the boys, and call me Mom, too!







And so lovely to see Joey and Ashley and the boys...now two young sons of his own.


A Wonderful time had by everyone!

Still found a bit of time to continue my Virtual France while recuperating from all the family, friends and cake. Checked out Limoge, France.  And when I finished with the area I picked up this as a souvenir (online)






For a rings/earrings trinket dish in my bath.

As soon as there is a warm up in the weather here facilitating gardening I will check the many famous gardens of France, and especially Provence and Giverny!

You have to have a plan!


More anon...

Happiness (and love) is good friends and family!


















(....and maybe a long nap...)