Monday, July 20, 2015

Sabbatical...French Spas and The Release of Zen Living III






Back after a week of Unscheduled Days and Complete Relaxation. I have got to pencil this in more often.

Celebrating the Release of my last book in The Zen Living Trilogy!









I am so pleased!  I was very happy with the way the first book turned out. Less thrilled with the second. The final, possibly the best, in my opinion. Together they complete my thoughts entirely. If you are looking for thick volumes filled with a lot of fill-dirt that you have to sift through...these are NOT the books for you.

But, if you want three slim volumes that contain a no nonsense approach to Zen Living, Peace of Mind, and Happiness. You have come to the right place. They can change your life.

Since the Trilogy was basically spawned during my time wandering through the fog with my DS Family, it seems only fitting that Vicki and Diane have asked that I have a signing during The Greencastle Gathering. And yes, Vixen, there will almost certainly be cake!

Only

more days until The Gathering!

So....I wandered away from les jardins on my virtual Tour de France this past week to explore something else France is well known for...the luxurious spas. 

Along with 62 Provinces that boast some of the most sumptuous spa experiences on the planet, I also managed to glean some of their recipes for bath, body and facial scrubs that ran from extremely simple to Omg...I am not sure I have even heard of this ingredient...are you SURE that is safe to put on your skin? 

Among my favorites were

Rose Petal Sugar Scrub





 Which was a wonderful and fragrant recycle for my spent rose blooms.



And fresh

Peppermint Witch-hazel Masque





Since I have copious amounts of Peppermint growing for teas, juleps and medicinal; this gave me yet another use.

"Idgy", in a stroke of genius, saved the day with my Chocolate Sugar Scrub by suggesting over coffee and chat that I use Solid Coconut Oil for the emulsifier thereby making the entire thing a "lick your lips" experience!  If you make it back up in October, we shall have a Spa Night!

And currently waiting on a pound of Kaolin Clay to try my hand at creating scented clay masques.

As good things arrive in Boxes...I am sure a "Spa in a Box" filled with experimental concoctions will soon be winging your way, hon,

On a related note...after this week my skin has never looked better.

 ~laughing~

So it is back to telephones and grandchildren, family and friends...even though I did stay connected through FB...chat and E-mail...so not quite Tibetan Monestary Conditions...but still very quiet, low impact and relaxing.

And my youngest, Chris...who is off on a new Musical Journey. Teaching himself to play the flute.  He constantly amazes me.







Like Warhol admonished:
 TRY EVERYTHING!


More anon...