Friday, November 13, 2015

Finishing Fall and France...Starbucks Cup Debacle...Zen Sunday Retreat and The Book of the Week





So...this is IT then?

Winter is Coming.  
 (...thanks Ned...)




Strong winds and cold nights, punctuated by several evening rainfalls, and the leaves are crisp, brown, mostly gone now. It has been an magnificent Fall...and I am looking forward to the first snowfall!

With the exception of a French Decor for Christmas...lots of golds,creams,ribbon,candles and such...my Virtual Adventure to France now over as well.  
It has been a wonderful year-long discovery. 

As a lasting reminder (and as an excuse to change up my dinnerware) I found Country Crest by Better Homes and Garden, and now have this set.

Since Chris and Tina had the very same Red Soho set that I purchased...and since they are missing a few pieces of theirs...I am passing on mine to them- to round out their set.
And I have a new set I absolutely ADORE.
It is a win-win. 

James and Nicki off for their "Anniversary Getaway" until Monday. Along with their "Getaway Bag" I threw together for them. I had forgotten how much fun putting together one of these was. Bill and I celebrated 18 Anniversaries before his death. On each one we would run away to an Inn or Brown County/ Nashville...and before we left I would always pack a bag or basket with a few of our favorite things. I like to think we set a good example through the years for the boys.






And so...tah dah...the beginnings of their 2nd Anniversary Getaway Bag  (...and Nicole confided she was off to find a nice bit of lingerie today...) 

With Zip-Lining and Monster-Trucks, Tattoos and Fishing Together on their 3 day agenda...James laughed and proclaimed

"Best Wife...EVER!"

I have to agree with him!

Then there was THIS:




Yes...who knew Solo Cups were actually the Original Rebel.

And a lot of people asking WWJD when it comes to Starbucks "Holiday Cup"





"I'm glad you asked. I would dump out that bitter, over-priced crap they try to pass off as coffee and try to find something decent to drink. Nice cup, though."  JC

Just another cry in the wilderness from

"We...the Perpetually Offended"



I liked my oldest son's bio-dad's take on life...once remarking:


"I find myself perpetually amazed and amused...of course it may be the Merlot."

 So...the end of a fairly productive week. Got things together and mailed for "Idgy's Fall Box" and Lennon's 27th Birthday next week. As well as James and Nicole's Anniversary. And all arrangements made for Sharon's Birthday Party on Tuesday!  Kind of feels like hearing the 8 second buzzer when you are riding that Bull. 

I want to throw my hand up or something!



Finishing up with a Cinderella Day around the house tomorrow...clean....dust...toss...prepare...make things comfortable...and then-

An "At Home Zen Retreat" all day, Sunday!


And thoroughly enjoyed this year's Fall Visit with an old friend/former love, as well. We meet seasonally now. It is very nice!  Relaxing together and discussing not only our children...but now our grands. How can that be? Were we EVER that young and are we REALLY this old! Fixed Home-made Banana Walnut Bread and Coffee and enjoyed the perfect Autumn day.

Reconvening in "The Winter" with Hot Cocoa!


This Week's Book: A memoir from one of my favorite writers, Joyce Carol Oates, entitled "The Lost Landscape" 

Although, there were some interesting items I was not aware of in the book...overall it was fairly mediocre and at times difficult to finish. I enjoy her fiction very much, but found this book to be rather "meh".

Not recommended. 


Enjoy the Weekend!






 








Make Your Life Exceptional!






















Sending positive energy and prayers tonight to those caught up in the multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris...and special thoughts of Shirley, Lillian and Cathy...three DS sisters who are on Holiday in France. Stay Safe and Alert and let us know you are okay!


(((hugs)))