Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Thanksgiving Forage & Hunt



And it felt a LOT like this.  Where the hell did all these people come from???

And how did the entire family buy TURKEY for each of our individual celebrations...

                                                              "Run!!!"
And so, although I am fixing a small replica including a Not-So-Big Bird...Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potatoes, and other accoutrements of the Holiday Table
last but not least Spiced Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting tomorrow...this will not be Friday's Family Meal.

I think I speak for all of us by saying we will be DONE with Turkey and all the fixings until at least next November. 

So...

Friday's Feast will be a Pizza Extravaganza!

And the Grands will be Thrilled.

And I am, as well...everyone will be here except Lennon (who is in Florida) and Preston (who is with his Aunt)  & include (hopefully) my two grand-daughters I have not seen since late August!

Family.

Can't wait!

Today's forage, hunt and gather finished out the provisions...celebrated by my buddy Tommy and I with a trip to McDonald's for McRibs...because "tis the season!"


"Yeah...that is what I'm talkin' about!"
 
Soon to initiate my DIL to their barbecued goodness. The girl has never tried a McRib!  Her culinary education sorely lacking. 

"Come on over to the McRib side...we have pickles and onions!"

So, a great ride in "Red", everything we need in the house until at least Monday,  McRibs, and December's accounts settled. 

Bring on the Holidays!   



 Happy Thanksgiving!