Saturday, November 7, 2015

Last Night's Non-Debate with Rachel Maddow...Greek...Ugly Christmas Sweater Time...And it's off to Chicago...



So...this morning's headlines used terms like "Ripped" and "Clashed"..."Tore At" and "Slammed" in reference to O' Malley and Sander's approach to Hillary Clinton. Which would be fine...except that it never ACTUALLY happened.

I know, because I watched the interviews in their entirety.

As a matter of fact, Sanders actually spoke out saying that he was absolutely NOT going to engage in mud-slinging against Hillary during his campaign. He has said this since he STARTED his bid.

Still...I guess the media can't let little things like FACTS stand in the way of a good story. And politeness doesn't inspire click-bait or sell papers like using words like "Slammed" and "Ripped", i suppose.

"If I can't find a reindeer...I'll make one instead."

It is disgusting.

 And although I don't care much for Rachel Maddow, or her style...I was pretty impressed with last night's interviews. With all three candidates. I especially liked the format. Nice. Casual. One on One. Not the Three-Ring-Circus approach of the last GOP debate where the candidates objectives seem to be along the line of zoo monkeys.

Screech a lot and fling poo. 

O'Malley did a very good job of presenting himself.

They all did.

Of course I was settling in digesting after Saganaki, Roasted Spiced Lamb, Tzatziki Sauce and Pita Bread, having earlier accompanied Chris and Tina to my Favorite Greek Restaurant in Avon.

                                                                 OPA!

Would love to do Saganaki at home...but would probably burn the kitchen down. 

We had a great time!  Going to try my hand at making Avegolemono Soup again. Tina loves it, too. I tried years ago, but added the eggs too slowly (or maybe too quickly) so instead of having nice creamy Chicken, Orzo and Lemon Soup...I ended up with a semi-solid that looked a lot a bowlful of lumpy mashed potatoes. And tasted even worse.

Maybe the second time will be a charm.

Was rummaging through my Bucket (Life) List and noted an entry whose time has come.

The UGLY Christmas Sweater





I have seen a LOT of these made.
I have NEVER made or wore one myself.

And last year I added it to my list as one of those things I have always wanted to do/try.

Today a small light went off and I started thinking about an upcoming early December Family Gathering/ Thanksgiving & Christmas Dinner of Brothers and Sisters and my kids and their's and grands...and thought

"If not NOW, then WHEN...."

Besides...this gang is perfect. We will either come up with the most amazing creative, possibly offensive, stuff ever...or we will be barred from Cracker Barrel for LIFE.

Which would be a way cool Christmas Story, forever...so it is kind of a win-win!

Anyway, I am starting on mine this week. I think Chris is even going to add lights and baubles to his beard!  A buddy of mine's family used to do something similar at their family reunion...tricking out golf carts and playing poker.

Don't Judge!

Not a Ugly Sweater Contest, per se...more of a

"Hey ya'll lookit THIS!"

And Nicole and Emma leaving at "Way-too-damn-early" this morning heading to Chicago...Navy Pier...The Bean...The Hershey's Chocolate Shoppe and the American Girl Doll Store where she and Emma had reservations for Tea with her doll "Rebecca".
 Can't WAIT to see the pics...and hear all about it!


Enjoying My Weekend of Relaxation!


                                                         Later....