Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Great DeCluttering of 2020...

This week has felt a LOT like this.

When I moved here in the Fall of 2011...I had minimized my belongings to things that were needed, useful or loved.

Apparently, a lot has happened since then.

8 years later...and I'm back to soooooooooooooooo much stuff...

Too much stuff.

And it isn't even the money issue.

It is the not-being-able-to-find-a-damn thing without searching for it...or eventually giving up and buying another roll of tape or whatever.

My clutter-type is The Concealer.

I put things in boxes. Bags. Drawers. Closets. Behind closed doors.

The house doesn't look terribly cluttered.

That is the illusion.

And I am not really a collector...just one of those savers...you know...someday it may be useful.

I might fix that...someday.

You never know when you might need....

In theory it all makes perfect sense.

In practice...it will never be useful...I will never fix it...and I will never need it.

So, with much fanfare (and advanced warning to Amber who helps me with floors and trash removal) and armed with Hefty Bags (the heavy 30 gallon kind); I have descended on the house this week in

The Great Decluttering of 2020

And it feels great!

"Hilarious, Mom...now get me out of here..."
                                                                   ~Sofi

 Hoping by Spring to have a place for everything and everything in its place.

It will take until March, I'm sure.

Making a list of small repairs I need to do...and things I still want to streamline my life.

Pretty much a Cinderella Week...this one.

A couple of pop-bys by Chris...excited over the beginning of his classes this year and Spring classes marking the end and soon to start his lifetime career.

Tina...ready to do Paramedic Training soon..and loving her work as am EMT.

James and I trading cat videos this week...too funny!

And watching a video of him noodling around with his finger-picking style on guitar,

Very nice.

Getting excited about Sunday's games.





Where, for these four teams, it is time to

"Go Big...or Go Home."

Hoping it comes down to a Chiefs vs 49ers Superbowl...but we shall see,


This Week's Book:

Which really needs to be made into a movie.

(...I found myself casting for it through-out...)

A feel good piece of fiction about a girlfriend who fills in a blank diary for her dying-of-cancer boyfriend who has been given a year to live.

A year's worth of perfect things to do, see, experience.

Inadvertently, the diary makes its way..instead to a man, whose life can be more aptly called an existence.

Always playing it safe.

Never trying anything new.

Nothing out of his bubble.

And the change that the diary makes (forever) in his life.

Great read to begin the New Year!


The Movie This Week: 



 Not many films qualify as EPIC.

This may be one of them.

Not the WWI version of Saving Private Ryan, I was led to believe.

This film will engage you..invest you in the through-no-mans-land journey of two WWI privates tasked with delivering a time sensitive message across enemy lines to save lives...

Much of it shot first person through the lens of the camera.

No shaky, hand-held Blair Witch approach, either.

A sobering realistic look at war.

John and I, both watched this last night and shared our thoughts over coffee this morning...finding it, particularly the cinematography, brilliant.

A must see.

 Now, it is back to the trash-bags for me...



Okay...maybe not NYC bad...
but still pretty bad!

Wishing Everyone a Very Sofi Sunday!


















UPDATE
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We won...we won...we won....

Mahomes and the KC Chiefs are SuperBowl bound!


Now I have to watch the Packers- Niners game to see who we will be beating....er...playing!

WE WON!

and we will have a Chiefs ~vs~ Niners Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO VERY HAPPY!