Saturday, March 20, 2021

SPRING...The Fauci Ouchi...The Flock and Chicklets


 Happy Spring!!!!

It seems overnight that the grass has started greening up...trees and budding...bulbs are beginning to tip through the soil...and I am snuffling and sneezing and reaching for my Flonase.

Damned allergies.

They are worth it...and I have survived another winter!

Always cause for celebration.

Got the first of my two part Pfizer vaccine this week, as well!


 

They were able to take me right in....no waiting. The needle was hair thin and you couldn't even feel it. I waited the obligatory 15 minutes...no immediate adverse reactions...then went home.

By 5 PM I had a dull ache in my vaccinated arm and was tired.

By Midnight or so the vaccine site was swollen, red and very sore...and I had fever, sweats and chills...this would continue off and on for the day.

By the following day I was pretty much back to normal. Removed the bright neon pink bandaid and was fairly disappointed. Just the Dial-Up noise. I was anticipating 5G. Perhaps with the second chip...er...shot.

laughing

Either way...I am anxious to hug my grandchildren again.

My next vaccine scheduled for April 6th.


 And the new "Chicklets"

The tiny huddled yellow one is named Lemon Drop.

If Lisa and I are " Crazy Cat Ladies"...then our little sister, Tina, has surely earned the title of "Crazy Chicken Woman".

Having now added the four Barrs to her existing flock of 4 Buffs and "Roo" her white rooster...she has bought 6 Easter Egg Chicks. 

Which will look like this when grown.

Unlike the Barred and Buff that lay brown eggs. These hens lay...well...look for yourself...

Ranging from blue to blue-green.

In three months they will join the flock...making 14 hens...one Rooster and approximately 140 eggs (give or take) per month during the laying season.

That's a lot of eggs.

Off to start my Cinderella Saturday now...hoping to finish up the housework so tomorrow I can play in the dirt and start the Gardening Season!