Thursday, March 18, 2021

Today...


 Days, like today, I am reminded of Eckhart Tolle's admonishment.

And today it seems especially true.

Received my first Covid vaccine on Tuesday. (Pfizer) To say I had a bit of a reaction would be understating the hell of Tuesday night and most of the day Wednesday.

(...more about this during the Weekend Update...)

To be entirely fair...I have always had less that optimal reactions to vaccines...so it may be less Pfizer, and more me.

Today, I am back to something resembling normal...and let me start by saying I am THANKFUL for that.

I am also Thankful for the work and hours that scientists, lab workers, and volunteers put in to develop a vaccine (or several) that give us hope that we will eventually beat this plague into submission. 

I have scheduled and will be getting my second vaccine...but will be much more prepared this time.

I am THANKFUL for my sons and DILS.

Chris and Tina...who sent over a bowl of still-hot homemade beef stew on Sunday night.

Lennon...who asked Tuesday if there was ANYTHING I needed. Anything at all..This was before the shot kicked in.

James and Nicole who sent Pizza and Pop and a pan of still-warm brownies last night when I was feeling a little better and hungry...but still too wiped out to cook anything. And called throughout the day to make sure I was okay.

And John...who stayed in touch through everything and was worried about me...and loves me. 

Thank You.

(...when you feel that bad...it is amazing just how comforting it is to know how much you are loved...)

When things are rolling along smoothly...it is easy to take life for granted.

Maybe we ALL do.

Maybe it is something I need to work on...