Saturday, March 27, 2021

Our Spring Getaway...It WASN'T the Vaccine...Snyder's Justice League and More


 Back from Our Spring Getaway....and it was wonderful.

(...well mostly...we will get to that later...)

A drive through the countryside...and picking up an array of good things to sample from one of the best BBQ joints on the way...


The Rusted Silo Brewhouse in Lizton.

Wednesday we got a sample of most of what they offered.


BBQ Chicken

BBQ Smoked Beef Brisket

BBQ Smoked Pork

Ranch BBQ Beans

 Cole Slaw

Potato Salad

Macaroni and Cheese

and a sampler of desserts...

 Banana Pudding

Peach Cobbler

Bourbon Pecan Pie

Enough food for days...and some for us both to take home as well.

 

We set the whole business up buffet-style in our home away from home and just tried a taste of everything!

It was Outstanding. 

Ralph...our Travel Bear.

As was the big enough for two hot tub!

And 

BUBBLES...Bubbles..bubbles!

 

The omni-present gabbling of nearby Canadian Geese at sundown and early sunrise like before.

Now comes the mostly thing I was talking about.

Since first getting the Pfizer vaccine on the 16th...I had the requisite sore Deltoid which passed...and the fever...but then fatigue set in and a general feeling of just being off...not quite right. 

Some coughing...but nothing significant...yet.

It seemed like daily I had less and less energy.

Still, I blamed the vaccine.

Enough to where I seriously considered cancelling my second shot on April 6th...so I would not go through this again. 

Then it got worse.

Shortness of breath...terrible fatigue...more coughing.

 I woke in the middle of the night...heart racing...and chest pain...hard to breathe.

Scared now...but STILL blaming the vaccine...I headed to the Emergency Clinic.

It is a good thing I did.

Athough the doctor stuck the Covid Swab into my brain pan, and I won't have those results until at least Monday- he considered it an abundance of caution.

After listening to my lungs...symptoms..et al...the diagnosis was pretty obvious.

(...and I was so damned focused on the vaccine I missed the obvious...)

Walking Pneumonia

(...okay...in my case...Rolling Pneumonia...)

So with an antibiotic shot...and a ten day supply of oral antibiotics...and the admonishment not to not lie around...and to get my second Covid shot...I was free...back home...still coughing...feeling a bit sheepish.

So glad I didn't try to wait it out.

Spring is definitely sprung now. Everywhere the trees are budded...early magnolias have bloomed...and the fishing has started.  Morels won't be far behind. 

My guy found an early picture of himself from an April fishing trip back when we were both amazing and magnificent...he was probably fishing with Andy and Curry on this one.


 This is the man I remember (and love)...lol! 

No weekly book...although I am in queue for the new King novella. 

This Week's Movie...the long awaited Snyder- Justice League with Jared Leto doing a recast of The Joker.



First...I liked this version of The Joker much much better.

Much more subtle...you don't have to have someone scream broken in your face. There is no doubt he is broken in this film.

I loved the idea of the card and the truce...powerful moment.

Although it was in the trailer...he never utters the line

"We live in a society..."

and his presence in the film was so brief.  If you watched the film for his performance (...and admittedly...I did...) you will be somewhat disappointed.

Great fleshing out of many of the characters back-stories. Having always been more of a Marvel-Girl myself...I needed this. It helped be enjoy the long long four hour film more. 

Everyone was perfectly cast...except Batman's butler, Alfred.

Jeremy Irons made a poor substitute for Michael Caine.

(...there, I've said it...) 

Was Caine simply unavailable????

It was a real distraction for me.

All in all...worth a look-see.

If you are a DC Fan you'll probably enjoy it more.

 

73 degrees outside...and I think I am going to sit out, soak up some sunshine, and get feeling better.