Saturday, February 19, 2022

Sixty and Me...Our Kids Have Paws...and More

The Sixty & Me group has been like a doorway to a new life. Centering.  I can't say too many good things about it. Exactly what I've needed. Some much appreciated perspective and shared experiences. It is okay to reinvent or rediscover your life. It is okay to say "..no mas..." to being the care-giver after spending decades in that role. It is okay to be done raising your children...or to spend the time/limited resources/energy on what you love/want. Not selfish....self-care.

Today is a Cinderella Day...without the helpful woodland creatures. The laundry is churning...there are dishes to do...dusting..trash to be gathered. And maybe some painting on my new canvas, later.

I was doing some cyber-cleaning recently and found some baby pictures of Our Kids-With-Paws.

Sofi...when she was still tiny and had bat-ears!

And now...


 

Gadget when she was STILL Suri.

And now...


 

Dealing with some huge changes in my life right now...and it helps to stop for a moment and remember that EVERYTHING changes. 

Even us. 

Maybe especially us.

And that's okay.

The weather has been everywhere this week. It's 6...no it is 30...wait...it is snowing...raining...sleeting...19....almost 60 degrees.

Robin Williams described it best

"Weather by Sybil"

Seeing an over-all decrease in Covid...and hoping for the best. Triple vaxxed and still masking out...it has been nearly two years and neither John or I have caught The Plague. 

We didn't get old by being stupid.

Dreamed of GARDENING last night...I have such plans for the Spring and the patio and borders.

Woke to snow still on the ground and 17 degrees.

It may be a while.

I've a deep wide planter that I want to start some bamboo in...and a lotus. 

Also various herbs in other pots to use with my Chinese cooking...and a few clumps of mints to accompany teas.

The new painting (pictures soon) is a multi-medium piece. Different for me...but I'm enjoying it. 

Should have dreamed of dinosaurs this week...after seeing the trailer and first five minutes of Jurassic World: Dominion...I went back and watched the previous five...to refresh my memory...and now we wait until June for the sixth and final one....

sigh

It is going to be amazing.

So, back to the household chores.

Have a Great Weekend!